Came across this article and I found it very touching so I want to share it with you. Most of the time we read/watch news that upset us so here's one that in my case made me feel positive emotions so, enjoy!

Mother brings baby back to life with a cuddle

Fri Sep 3, 6:23 PM

By Jordan Chittley

Yahoo! Canada News

All it took was a mother's touch and baby Jamie was breathing again.

Mother Kate Ogg, of Australia, recently delivered twins, Emily and Jamie, premature at just 27 weeks. While Emily was delivered successfully, doctors battled to try to get Jamie breathing. After a 20-minute effort with the one-kilogram infant, doctors gave up hope and declared him dead.

"He (the doctor) said, 'Have you chosen a name for your son?'," Ogg told CNN on the brink of tears. "We said his name is going to be Jamie and he turned around with him already wrapped up and said we lost him."

Doctors then gave lifeless Jamie to his tearful mother to say goodbye. She unwrapped him from his blanket, told him how much she loved him and held him tight against her skin.

"I arranged him on my chest with his head on my heart," she said.

"We wanted him to know who his parents were and to know we loved him before he died," she told NBC's Today Show. "We tried to entice him to stay with us."

Shortly after Jamie was handed to his mother he started making small movements, but this was dismissed by doctors as a normal reflex. After being embraced and spoken to for two hours, the movements were getting stronger and he even opened his eyes.

"We thought, what a blessing, we get to see his eyes before he passes away," she told NBC's Today Show. "And then they stayed open."

Kate fed him some breast milk on her finger and Jamie started breathing normally and put his little fingers around Kate's husband David's finger.

David told NBC's Today Show, "We are the luckiest people in the world."

Kate used a method called the "kangaroo cuddle" to bring Jamie back to life.

Kate said she had read about the method before and putting the baby back on her chest was as close as he could get to being inside her. It is named after the way kangaroos hold their young in pouches, which act as incubators.

In many cases, if there is a problem with child birth the baby is rushed to intensive care, but the kangaroo method is being increasingly used in British hospitals.

"Kangaroo care" allows mothers to warm the body temperature of babies, especially premature ones that are born with lower core body temperatures. Research from the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm found that after four hours of cuddling, 90 per cent of babies had normal body temperatures.

Only 60 per cent of babies placed in incubators regained normal body temperature.

An amazing story to say the least, who would have thought it possible? Thanks for bringing this story to our attention isabella.

Guest ma*be***ag***

That is an interesting story. I had never heard of that being possible, but the fact that it is truly is a testament to the power of the human body and spirit...

I admit that while I have my theories on reilgion, stories like this convince me there is plenty of magic in the world. Thank you Isabella for sharing this with us.