Advice about opening my own website

I have been wanting to launch my own website for a long time now, but do not know where to start. I have done a lot of research but I only really found websites that you can create but not put your own material on it, but other videos. I was wondering if any ladies or gentlemen can give me advice and/or point me in the right direction? The kind of website I was thinking of opening is not one for my SP stuff, but my own personal website where it can be both free and members only for certain areas. I want to be able to post my own personal naughty videos and pictures and do a section where I can do private cam shows and also where I take any type of video requests from members where I can do videos by myself and with my partner.

Does anyone know a good way that I can start? I would greatly appreciate any and all advice/suggestions/your thoughts? You may also PM if you would like! :D

I also would need a high quality video camera/camera and I know they are crazy expensive. I saw an article of a girl that lost her phone and created a gofundme page and got donations and was able to buy a new phone, also a girl that was able to get breast implants with that website. Does anyone have experience with that site? High quality video cameras are as much as $2000 and up and I am not a full time SP (I would say I only have time to see around 4 clients a month maybe even less now with school and work) so if gofundme is legit then that would definitely help out with the expenses for the camera and possibly the website.

Any advice is very much appreciated! Thank you in advance lovies :D

Guest S****r

Wix is a good platform. I am not sure if you can webcam through it, though. But it does everything else you need, and is very intuitive.

Good luck!

Wix is a good platform. I am not sure if you can webcam through it, though. But it does everything else you need, and is very intuitive.

Good luck!

I agree that wix is a very good free website, but in my opinion it is more useful as an SP website for info etc. I was thinking more of a dot com website where it is paid members as I will have my very(very ;)) private videos on it. I will check it out though to see my options. Thank you Summer :)

Guest st*****ens**ors

Hello Mirella!

If you're planning on a site with commercial content and a dot.com, you're probably looking at a standard web-hosting contract. Here's a link to a page that reviews some of the best hosting services in Canada

http://Www.weblegal.ca/guides/web-hosting/

I've used a couple with some success. Each will let you use a variety of content management platforms, like wix, but with more flexibility. I prefer WordPress.

Most of these hosts will quietly try to triple your hosting fees when the contract renews, but if you protest they'll usually relent. They know that it's getting easier all the time to hop from host to host every few years to take advantage of promotional rates, and it's easier to retain an existing client than to find a new one.

I hire an online marketing student for a few hours every few years to walk me through the process of creating and managing content, because I'm really not technologically apt and everything is evolving so rapidly.

Hope this helps! Please feel free to pm me if I can offer anything further, though I'm sure there are others on the boards with much more expertise than I have :)

I use Arvixe as a hosting platform and they are very cost effective and have a lot of great benefits. My website is Wordpress based which means there are a tonne of themes, apps, plugins etc to customize your website as you like. Not knowing if you have the knowledge to create your own website, I would suggest finding a good SP friendly web developer to make it into what you want and then you can update and tweak as you feel necessary.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Make sure that your host is not a registered domain in Canada. It could lead to legal issue such as domain seizure of your website. Use a dot com or other jurisidction.

you can always separate webcam content onto another provider w/link to it on your website

As for a cam - I know a LOT about those. I own 6 :o

• Like 2