Asian Bait and Switch.. finally received a reply explination!

No, and the further problem is they could care less. I think it was pretty nice of this guy to reply to you at all, but it is exactly the same info I have heard told to various clients and who have provided the info about this elsewhere.

And the clients who are fans of the asian style not only don't care, but they are seen to actively promote and support the b&s with good reviews, and rarely in a good review do they make much if any issue about the fake age, fake photo, etc. I can't tell you how many guys end up posting their disgust at the reviewers who promote these micros, sending them off to a place based solely on few restrictions and low prices, yet not bothering to mention that everything else about the ad is a big fat lie.

It isn't exactly news that a guy is more likely to book an appt with a 22 year old, slender and pretty sp. And that picturing and advertising a 33 year old with a few extra pounds will get fewer bookings. But using that as an excuse is over the top, imo.

Great information and insight Mod! This thread really answered a number of questions.

I?m really new so I have to ask the really dumb questions.

Assuming that the photo for an ad is a true picture of a lady, and that "all the girls are ?public?, which means they don?t work for any specific agency", is it possible that in some (probably very few) cases, the agency is on the up-and-up and the lady chooses to switch shifts with one of her co-workers, and forgot to let the agency/agencies know, or that she forgot to show up for work and one of her friends is covering for her?

I know a (small) bit about dealing with younger employees, some are irresponsible, some are lazy, some are forgetful. Think of the staff of a McDonald?s or Tim Horton?s. In such cases, instead of being lied to ("I?m Tiffany") a better story would be "Tiffany?s car broke down, but I?m her sister/cousin Maria", which in some cases could be a bit of a turn on with a desire to return to visit the sister/cousin Tiffany.

Avoiding CL, although defunct for now, seems to be a no-brainer. I?m guessing the same is true for Now and Eye. The true B&S switch operations should be identified and black-balled (thank you tineye.com), I can only hope that the others are just stuck with the odd bad employee, and those employees should be identified and complained about here and more importantly to the agency, who knows, there is a chance that they might be in the dark.

How come there are almost no B&S reports, at least in the forum "Toronto Warnings: To Report Bait and Switch, Scams..."?

I guess it really comes down to, when in doubt, be loyal to Canadians!

• Like 1

Those guys are just pimping the girls out, in "micro brothels". They get caught in a raid, come here illegitmately on a "student' visa, they should be sent back to where they came from. They give all legit sex workers a bad name, and tarnish a legit industry even more:-x

Thanks for posting mod, we appreciate all the work you do for us:razz:

Assuming that the photo for an ad is a true picture of a lady, and that "all the girls are ?public?, which means they don?t work for any specific agency", is it possible that in some (probably very few) cases, the agency is on the up-and-up and the lady chooses to switch shifts with one of her co-workers, and forgot to let the agency/agencies know, or that she forgot to show up for work and one of her friends is covering for her?

It's not very likely, qwerty. Here in Vancouver, the number of Asian providers is enormous. Most of them come here from China, Korea, the Philippines and sometimes from Japan, knowing very well that they are going to be working in the sex trade. They usually stay about four or five months. During that time, they're rotated from place to place around B.C., western Canada or, sometimes, across the country. They expect to work hard for a little while and then return home with lots of money.

In Vancouver, they mostly provide incall service and/or work in massage parlors. A group of older men and women rent houses around the Lower Mainland and the women work in them. These houses are usually rented on a short-term basis and change all the time, before the law enforcement folks receive enough complaints that they have to do something.

Sometimes Asian students get involved in the sex trade to help pay for their educations or just to make money since, if they come here on a student visa, there are restrictions about how much they're allowed to earn while they're students.

A couple of clients have told me that the young, independent Asian workers are subjected to enormous pressure by the folks who organize the others. The organizers are concerned that independent providers may create trouble by talking to the ladies about their rights, about safer sex and about what their income earning potential really could be. In addition, if the independent women are here on temporary visas, they may fear being reported to immigration and forced to leave, or, even worse, having bad reports made about them at home. My clients said that most of the independent Asian providers are second and third-generation--i.e., they're not immigrants, and many of them don't speak their heritage language.

I don't know if what I've been told is true. What I do know is that most non-Asian companions in a city do know about each other, and many of us know others personally. We provide safe-call backup services for each other as well as join together for duos, parties and that kind of thing if we offer those services. However, it's very rare for any of us to know or even be able to talk to the Asian providers, many of whom don't speak English anyway.

MOD is completely right when he says these kinds of operations will be used against the legitimate sex trade by the government in the ensuing legal challenges. What the proponents of legalization need to do is begin a campaign to educate people about these kinds of things and that not only do they fail to represent the sex trade in Canada, but are looked down upon legitimate sex workers. Think of the health care debate in the U.S. Once Obama was elected the Republicans immediately embarked on a smear campaign of misinformation against health care reform before the administration could table anything (think Death Panels). The same will happen here and the legitimate sex trade needs to be prepared to counter the stereotypes and misingormation.

I agree with you, Lowdark, but it's not an easy thing to do. Many of us simply cannot afford to be known publicly to be paid companions. It is very important, therefore, to support the sex workers' organizations and the workers who are able to take a public stand.

It would be wonderful if some of our clients would also campaign in public....:smile:

This is rather disturbing; I don't like the fact that these women are possibly force to be in this industry and do not want to do this. That to me should be considered human trafficking, if a person wants to be in the business and truly enjoys it, I don't see a problem with this. But forcing a woman to do it and making money from her discomfort, to me is worse than rape.

But they may be coming here as it is a way to make money for themselves!

:?:

• Like 1

Thanks for the education guys!

The obvious never dawned on me, that it will be different in different areas of the country. I have no idea how it really is in Toronto, but if a tenth of what Samantha?s clients, etc., told her it is disgraceful.

This is a respectable industry if only the scum could be eradicated.

No matter what, I think that coming out to campaign in public will probably attract very few participants, using the adult video industry as a comparative, since it is unquestionably 100% legal, most actors & actresses intend to work for a limited time frame, say until they graduate university, hence the stage names, and then move on to conventional work leaving their old profession behind.

Getting over the cultural stuff seems like a tough nut to crack, but if a trade union could be formed that would eliminate most of the wrongdoings, it couldn?t be anything but a good thing.

On a lighter note, I did solve most of the bait & switch issue; it?s the real girls, just with good makeup & photography:

http://www.redflava.com/2010/interesting/before-and-after

http://www.jokeroo.com/videos/funny/trick-people-thinking-youre-hot.html

3) most of them are not young, they dont think they look good in the pics.

they are so lack of confidence.

5) some women have tried using the real pics but it turned out people only

call the ads with fake photos. you know they really dont look good in the

pics, they are really old.

It is not very nice to put the blame on these poor women. Many older women are beautiful. If the owners are the one who imports and move the women around from place to place...etc...At this point, I don't see why they would let the girls decide if they want a real picture or fake one to be in their ads. As other said, it gives all legit sex workers a bad name, and tarnish a legit industry. Saying that they don't look good and they are really old won't help. As a matter of fact it's just plain mean.

• Like 2