I agree that it's not professional for an SP or MA to not show up without notice.

I know it happens a lot with hobbyists booking and not showing up without notice. But 2 wrongs don't make a right.

It does happen that something happens, but either party should have common sense to notify the other if they're not going to make it.

Sorry to hear that it has happened to you, but rest assured, your not the only one.

Very frustrating isn't it....we go through this too much,thank god for the block app on my phone, I do understand sometimes LIFE does happen,emergency, etc. But it isn't right to not contact the person you have a scheduled appointment with (wether it be an sp or hobbiest)

• Like 3

I have several experience with No-Show, No Response also even after confirming the appointment the day before, half hours before (as told by SP) and then when arriving at the location at the appointment time, no response,-- even 30 minutes after the scheduled appointment time, still no response after texting again. And then never heard back. No explanation, no apology. I usually do not rebook with that person.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I've only ever once had an issue of a no-show, and it was completely understandable; it was the unexpected death of a friend. She got back to me 2 days later when she returned to town and let me know what happened. I re-booked a new time with her at the end of our conversation.

I generally book a week in advance so there is always ample prep time and cancellation time should life unexpectedly intervene.

I generally book a week in advance so there is always ample prep time and cancellation time should life unexpectedly intervene.

Now this is an interesting point for me. My work is such that I've only got a solid schedule about 2 days out so I normally only make SP appointments in that window, because I've understood cancelling as something only to be done in case of an emergency, rather than a schedule change (even if it is out of your hands).

I've not wanted to upset the SP I've scheduled with by having to come back and change appointments. Other service offices that I book appointments with understand my work situation and are fine with rescheduling as long as I give them 24-48 hours notice. Not all offices were flexible on this, so it took a bit to find ones that would work with me.

Would SPs prefer an appointment a week in advance with a 50-50 possibility of it needing to change or an appointment 1-2 days in advance that is 90% solid?

I don't mind a 24 hour notice (most preferred) but I do book with short notice as well if I am available and not busy

Like I said I do understand life happens and sometimes you have to cancel but it's only right to call and cancel rather not cal or show up at all... when that happens there is no excuse and I block that number and will not see them period (lack of respect)

I would just say that if it were me, I would be asking you to call the morning of as a way to actually set not just confirm the appt. My lack of response would be my answer to you that i am not available at the time after all.

(i suppose this is all texting tho (keep in mind that could be the actual problem, texts not received at all?, try a phone call as backup) the other problem with texting is that you can't hear a voice message reply, which may actually tell you schedule info. For another example, i advise people to listen to the message, if it doesn't tell you that i am available, it means i am away from the phone indefinitely. if it says call back in 10-15 then i am. simple process, but no one who texts (to my landline) hears this message so they are shooting in the dark.)

• Like 2

I agree with "fortunateone", texting can really complicate things and create misunderstandings, misinterpretation, waiting, etc. . I usually get excited and also stressed with details/discretion the day of the date with a SP, so that's why a good phone conversation to discuss details and to confirm the appt can go a long way and insure that it goes as planned. There's nothing worst than waiting by the phone for someone to reply a text, so try to avoid it all together... Good SPs are well organized and communicate well.