Let's do our part...it is morally correct

World Food Day

16 October

World Food Day was proclaimed in 1979 by the Conference of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). It marks the date of the founding of FAO in 1945. The aim of the Day is to heighten public awareness of the world food problem and strengthen solidarity in the struggle against hunger, malnutrition and poverty. In 1980, the General Assembly endorsed observance of the Day in consideration of the fact that "food is a requisite for human survival and well-being and a fundamental human necessity" (resolution 35/70 of 5 December 1980).

I really believe that contributing to causes like this one is an obligation out of solidarity.

And It Starts at Home.....let's help our fellow Canadians...there are tons of Food Banks to drop a non-perishable item that will make someone less hungry.

After our Canadian Brothers and Sisters are fed, we can go to another countries....

Hope to see you at the Food Bank or Kitchens (I like to volunteer and St. Joe is a great place to also offer your services, and help the wonderful volunteers there to feed others who can not afford it.

(St Joe is on Laurier, almost accross Ottawa U)

Bye for now

LoraLee;-)

• Like 4

World Food Day

16 October

World Food Day was proclaimed in 1979 by the Conference of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). It marks the date of the founding of FAO in 1945. The aim of the Day is to heighten public awareness of the world food problem and strengthen solidarity in the struggle against hunger, malnutrition and poverty. In 1980, the General Assembly endorsed observance of the Day in consideration of the fact that "food is a requisite for human survival and well-being and a fundamental human necessity" (resolution 35/70 of 5 December 1980).

I really believe that contributing to causes like this one is an obligation out of solidarity.

And It Starts at Home.....let's help our fellow Canadians...there are tons of Food Banks to drop a non-perishable item that will make someone less hungry.

After our Canadian Brothers and Sisters are fed, we can go to another countries....

Hope to see you at the Food Bank or Kitchens (I like to volunteer and St. Joe is a great place to also offer your services, and help the wonderful volunteers there to feed others who can not afford it.

(St Joe is on Laurier, almost accross Ottawa U)

Bye for now

LoraLee;-)

Thanks you have put some thoughts in my head. I love to cook as a hobby why do I not cook at a soup kitchen.....

Thanks

Do that Tim.....it is such a wonderful experience...you would not believe it until you are there....

The place in downtown for gentlemen in less fortunate paths is always welcoming men like you!!!

All the best sweetheart!

loralee;)

Loralee!!!

Is awesome that you post something like this reminding us to help others. I want to include here a list of the items that are most-needed

- Canned fish, meats & stews

- Peanut butter

- Jam

- Macaroni & Cheese

- Tomato Sauce

- Canned vegetables & fruit

- Cereal (whole grain)

- Cooking Oil

- Dry pasta & sauce

- Baby diapers

- Baby Formula

- Household products

- Juice (boxes or cans)

- Legumes (canned or dried)

- Personal hygiene products

- Rice

- Nutritious snacks

- Soup

As many of you may already know Metro, Loblaws and Independent grocery stores have red bins collecting this items so cerb people let's all help ;)

there are tons of Food Banks to drop a non-perishable item that will make someone less hungry.
  • Like 1