Private Browsing in Firefox for iOS

I am a lot on the go and although I have separate phones for personal and use and business I still try to be careful and use private browsing. I am an Apple person but have a preference for Firefox over Safari however I haven't figured out how to private browse in it from my iPhone, it says to tap the mask button at the top of the screen but I just don't seem to find it ... Anyone willing to help this technologically challenged person? :(

There's a little icon that is purple with a mask symbol in it on the top right after you push the number one on the top right.

The mask doesn't appear until you tap the number.

Similar to Safari when you hit the 2 little squares on the bottom.

Watch the attached link. I know it Android but same idea.

• Like 1

Thank you Henry, that's what I found when I searched in Google but that mask symbol doesn't show for me, perhaps is only available in certain versions of iOS?

Did a bit of searching on this and it seems that Firefox is a reluctant browser in iOS.

Too technical for me but it seems that Apple won't let third party browsers completely use there own code to operate on the iOS platform.

Updating to the latest version would probably be a good idea if you want to use Firefox because the seem to have only made it available a few years ago.

• Like 1

That is true, I wouldn't be using FF on any IOS devices. The code isn't up to par... Safari has private browsing (indicated with the plus sign at the bottom) and you can set it to clear cache/cookies after each website is closed (as a secondary security measure).

• Like 1