Parts of Ottawa that suck/are great for dates

Hi all!

Looking on stretching my legs out and moving as I need a bigger place. It got me thinking on areas that my friends or hobbyists wouldn't be comfortable going. I have been doing outcalls for 3 or more years until recently and really enjoy the whole concept of offering in calls. What are the places in Ottawa you have no issue visiting and areas you would prefer to avoid? Don't want to disappoint many from moving.

Anything like Orleans, Kanata, Barrhaven are pretty much set as a far way to go unless you are in the area often. I was considering the Glebe. Used to rent a room when I was in college and loved it but I am hoping on a more "homey vibe".

,Brody

I'm speaking as a former, not current, resident of Ottawa, so my view is of limited value. I agree you don't want to locate in any of the communities on the outskirts, even if you are assuming most of your clientele will be mobile. But I think there's a bigger issue for you to think about than geographic location, which is privacy/anonymity.

For myself, I am less comfortable going to an in-call location where I am an obvious stranger in the neighbourhood. I prefer to visit somewhere populous (or otherwise anonymous) enough that I don't feel residents wondering where I am going.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that opinion. I base that on the number of threads where service providers have expressed frustration over hobbyists holding exactly this view. I understand their opinion that I *shouldn't* worry about such things, but understanding their perspective and not, in fact, worrying about it are quite different.

So if you want to avoid that same frustration, you might take this into account in choosing your new home.

I'm speaking as a former, not current, resident of Ottawa, so my view is of limited value. I agree you don't want to locate in any of the communities on the outskirts, even if you are assuming most of your clientele will be mobile. But I think there's a bigger issue for you to think about than geographic location, which is privacy/anonymity.

For myself, I am less comfortable going to an in-call location where I am an obvious stranger in the neighbourhood. I prefer to visit somewhere populous (or otherwise anonymous) enough that I don't feel residents wondering where I am going.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that opinion. I base that on the number of threads where service providers have expressed frustration over hobbyists holding exactly this view. I understand their opinion that I *shouldn't* worry about such things, but understanding their perspective and not, in fact, worrying about it are quite different.

So if you want to avoid that same frustration, you might take this into account in choosing your new home.

I think from everyone's response along with where I want to be. Glebe, Downtown, or South seem to be the most accommodating to myself, visitors and am close enough to family and such. Just wanted to leave south as it's quite far from family. I have a big heart and want to be accommodating to the important people in my work and personal life.

I would suggest to go where you find the place that you prefer. No matters where you go (east, west, south, hull).. You wont be able to make everybody happy.

I think that if someone really wants to see you, he will find a way to get to your location. (As long you dont go an hour away from town of course lol)

• Like 1

I would suggest to go where you find the place that you prefer. No matters where you go (east, west, south, hull).. You wont be able to make everybody happy.

I think that if someone really wants to see you, he will find a way to get to your location. (As long you dont go an hour away from town of course lol)

Thanks for the tip! Just a people pleaser along with new to being 100% on my own, so don't want to regret the move at the end of the day.

Hey Brody - did you move yet?

Nope. will post in schedules and announcements when I do. I suspect in the 3-6 month span from now. Not in a rush. Moving is not exactly as fun as a field full of kittens.