Someone told me something important once .. It changed my way to look at my body ..

Well said Allison.

After reading this touchy post I could not but have admiration for you to write this and for Jo for his inspiration.

Believe me they are no mistakes in your expressions!

Thank you for this post!

• Like 1

Guest st*****ens**ors

That was a beautiful message to share, Alison. Thank you for brightening my morning!

Guest S****r

Your message was perfectly clear. And a wonderful message it is!

:-)

I myself, have a number of scars.... some were an adventure.. others were surgeries... and all that fun stuff... and some of these scars have created little 'shelfs' on my stomach that I am not entirely crazy about... and alongside those, there are the lumps, bumps and 'dark areas' (thank you Alison hehe) that have all come together to make me the perrrrson I am today...

Truthfully, I am not as happy with the amount of soft & squishy I have gained the last while, but.. all in all.. I absolutely adore the person that all these things have helped to create, and wouldn't likely trade them for anything... hell I'm even proud of my lovely silver hairs coming up through my blonde curls... not only are these things all markings of my life.. and the fact that I have *lived* it.. but.... a testament to the fact that I survived it all without killing anyone ;)

I would (and do) take a bit of soft & squishy.. scarred... raw.... 'dark' over the 'typical' so-shiny-polished-overly-tanned, can't move for fear of messing themselves up' person.. any day of the week!

after all.. a bit of the soft stuff gives me something to sink my teeth into <grin>

Thank you Alison... for showing me I am not the only one :)

On another note.... Someone told me something once that changed the way I look at *everything*... and I have passed it on to several people over the years, and have changed the way *they* now look at things... so... perrrhaps that may happen again by posting it here:

A wonderful doctor I worked with years ago, told me a Buddhist saying, that to this day, I still think is the best thing I have ever heard in all my years/adventures:

"If you have a problem, and there *is* a solution.... then don't worry (after all, you can fix it, right?)

"If you have a problem... and there is.. nooo... solution (as in, no matter what you do, you cannot/will not fix it)..... then, don't worry!"

fan-freaking-tastic way of viewing things.. and since adopting that way of being.. I have no blood pressure issues.. no health issues of any kind... I tackle things I can.. leave well enough alone when I have to.... much less stress and life.. in general... (even with its disappointments.... is good! ;)

• Like 4

Be yourself.

Love Yourself.

Accept Yourself.

And if other's don't, it's their loss :)

Most women can look thru Men's outer layer, and if they can do that, most will discoverer the Man's inner self and may find a very special loving person :)

• Like 3