Flu vaccine, are you getting it or not? and why?

Guest Ou**or**n

I got the H1N1 shot last year on the recommendation of my doctor (a very realistic and quite sane individual). I'm very healthy and have no chronic conditions so he's fairly neutral about me getting the annual shot. I personally choose not to get it but its simply because I rarely get the flu *taps head to knock on wood*. However I do strongly believe vaccines have saved millions upon millions of lives and think those that are against all vaccines to be nuts.

I see a few paranoid conspiracy theorists have chimed in on the is thread along with a few people rationalizing the fact they were to busy or otherwise to get a shot or are just afraid of needles and don't want to admit it. Vaccines have saved countless lives in the first world and improved the quality of life in as many more. I remember going to school with other kids who were crippled for life by a childhood bout with polio. Flu vaccines save the lives of thousands of elderly and children every year. The flu is still one of the most lethal diseases on the planet and even if the flu doesn't kll you, pulmonary bronchitis or other complications can.

As for the cospiracy nuts: Why is it that no matter how much accredited study by different respectable agencies can't outweigh the credibility of a single nut with access to the internet?

Well I'm not going to pretend I am some kind of expert. I dont have an MD behind my name.. However.. These ppl do..

And for a more humourous look.. And I dont like this guy.. Check this one out..

Conspiracies are a Theory.. Until they are proven..

People get the flu, People die.. Its part of the cycle..

We have on this here fine earth some mammals,insects, vegetables.....Okay now that you are briefed.. We all have a life cycle. Getting sick and dying is natural and is probably and most likely a natural nature population control and it could be that by attempting to stop a cycle or isolate it, we could be setting ourselves up for something disastrous. Even before birth we are now altering our dna through the mother by vaccines, then again very soon after birth. Our own special DnA that makes us human, not robots. Who says we aren't plaguing our own population by altering dna after dna after..until we are no longer.

Vaccines are made post epidemic, until recently..who says that vaccines really worked at all in the first place and that the bug ran it s course.

Our dna is ,made to work!If these bugs that are vaccinated against aren t natural and should be eliminated, Maybe it s the 20th Century toxins that are really getting us sicker and sicker, I don t see a point to inject ourselves with more toxins to curb the toxins.

Why are we so scared and what are we so scared of? Death is the most natural process and if it s death we are scared of..Get used to it already..

If I died tomorrow, the only regret I would have is that I should have tidied my room up a bit more i have no residual guilt or unfinished business

Even before birth we are now altering our dna through the mother by vaccines, then again very soon after birth.

Vaccines don't alter your DNA.

All vaccines do is introduce a dead virus to your immune system, so that your immune system will more quickly respond to the live version of the same virus the next time it encounters it. You get an advantage against future infections without having to suffer the live infection in the first place.

No vaccine for me. Getting the virus and having your body naturally fight it makes your body stronger and better able to challenge the next infiltrator to you immune system. Guess it is the saying, "What does not kill you makes you stronger" thinking. Basically, the more you stress your body and have it do things naturally, the stronger you become overall. Not meaning life stress that leads to depression, suicide and such, but rather the every day life stresses.

IMHO, taking lots of meds and being an obsessively clean person really does not do your body any favours. Better to let your body fight germs naturally.

No vaccine for me. Getting the virus and having your body naturally fight it makes your body stronger and better able to challenge the next infiltrator to you immune system. Guess it is the saying, "What does not kill you makes you stronger" thinking. Basically, the more you stress your body and have it do things naturally, the stronger you become overall. Not meaning life stress that leads to depression, suicide and such, but rather the every day life stresses.

IMHO, taking lots of meds and being an obsessively clean person really does not do your body any favours. Better to let your body fight germs naturally.

Half-truth. Letting your body fight it naturally has 2 key dependents. One, you must be able to survive the disease. Example: Hepatitis A. Your body may or may not be able to fight it off, but you're royally screwed if you can't, so the vaccine makes sense. Two, it depends on the category of the vaccine. Vaccines can be made through a variety of ways, the 'dead virus' versions work best. The body is given either a very weakened or dead virus and your body's immune system learns what to do. In this case, it learns just as you would naturally, but without becoming infected with the disease. The other option is basically a series of markers that the virus tends to have on it, which are given to your body as a good clue of "this is bad, killl it". It works, and your body will be able to fight it, however, long term recognition of the virus is not ensured. Common example is the tetnis vaccine, which you need to get every 10 years since your body has a habit of forgetting.

...............--

As for the other links to the "chemicals" in a vaccine, I can go through each one and explain what each does and why it isn't as dangerous as you think it is. Example ingredient list given from one of the websites:

Sodium chloride - this is table salt... well without the iodine, but effectively salt.

Sodium Hydroxide (also known as lye, caustic soda, soda lye.) - Reacts with acids to make sodium (first half of table salt) and water. Given that vaccines are at most 10mL into a body of... 40L (maybe more, just a guess) it will be diluted as well by the natural baking soda in your bloodstream (I kid you not).

Formaldehyde - Neat compound. Also the byproduct of drinking methyl alcohol (windshield washer fluid). Found naturally in many products, including normal alcohol (in very low levels). Your body has an enzyme that cleaves this into two bits which are harmless. If you're worried, have a shot of whiskey as this will dampen any effects it may have (alcohol is common treatment in hospitals for those that have drunk the bad type of alcohol).

Hydrochloric acid - Reacts with the sodium hyrdoxide to form salt water. It won't destroy tissue upon contact, since if it did you'd be long dead. Your stomach produces a lot of this stuff a day to aid in digestion.

Aluminum - This is here to effectively perk up your immune system (it is called an adjuvant). It is not used in all vaccines. When used it is a rather small dose. It is toxic in large quantities, but so is water.

Thimerosal: mercury derivative (contain mercury.) - People freak out at this... not sure why. Neat science trick. You can take and drink mercury and not suffer any ill effects (it passes through you, as it cannot be absorbed). The dangerous mercury is methyl mercury (found in fish) because it has been made organic and can be processed now by your body's cells. This is an ethyl mercury and cannot be absorbed by your body (although it does perk up your immune system - note this is also an adjuvant and is not found in all vaccines)

Phosphates - Common element, found it matchsticks and most legumes and all cells in your body. Required for basic life. They do not suffocate aquatic life, as the author indicates. In the cases of aquatic life, here is what happens. The phosphates go into the water. They promote life, and within water algae is king. The algae grows at a crazy rate, and like all things dies. When it dies organisms break it down, using oxygen in the process. Because there is so much more algae than normal, it does consume all in the water and the fish suffocate. (this is grade 7 water cycle stuff btw).

Vaccines don't alter your DNA.

All vaccines do is introduce a dead virus to your immune system, so that your immune system will more quickly respond to the live version of the same virus the next time it encounters it. You get an advantage against future infections without having to suffer the live infection in the first place.

Just saying that there are toxic substances included with every dose aside from a form of the virus that includes 7 types of toxic aluminum, acid, aspartame?, chick embryo cells, what is AS03:confused:, mercury, dextrose, glycerine, formaldehyde, latex, lactose, wax, MF59, phenol, silicon, titanium..

here are the rest since there is far over one hundred ingrediants.

http://www.novaccine.com/vaccine-ingredients/

Half-truth. Letting your body fight it naturally has 2 key dependents. One, you must be able to survive the disease. Example: Hepatitis A. Your body may or may not be able to fight it off, but you're royally screwed if you can't, so the vaccine makes sense. Two, it depends on the category of the vaccine. Vaccines can be made through a variety of ways, the 'dead virus' versions work best. The body is given either a very weakened or dead virus and your body's immune system learns what to do. In this case, it learns just as you would naturally, but without becoming infected with the disease. The other option is basically a series of markers that the virus tends to have on it, which are given to your body as a good clue of "this is bad, killl it". It works, and your body will be able to fight it, however, long term recognition of the virus is not ensured. Common example is the tetnis vaccine, which you need to get every 10 years since your body has a habit of forgetting.

...............--

As for the other links to the "chemicals" in a vaccine, I can go through each one and explain what each does and why it isn't as dangerous as you think it is. Example ingredient list given from one of the websites:

Sodium chloride - this is table salt... well without the iodine, but effectively salt.

Sodium Hydroxide (also known as lye, caustic soda, soda lye.) - Reacts with acids to make sodium (first half of table salt) and water. Given that vaccines are at most 10mL into a body of... 40L (maybe more, just a guess) it will be diluted as well by the natural baking soda in your bloodstream (I kid you not).

Formaldehyde - Neat compound. Also the byproduct of drinking methyl alcohol (windshield washer fluid). Found naturally in many products, including normal alcohol (in very low levels). Your body has an enzyme that cleaves this into two bits which are harmless. If you're worried, have a shot of whiskey as this will dampen any effects it may have (alcohol is common treatment in hospitals for those that have drunk the bad type of alcohol).

Hydrochloric acid - Reacts with the sodium hyrdoxide to form salt water. It won't destroy tissue upon contact, since if it did you'd be long dead. Your stomach produces a lot of this stuff a day to aid in digestion.

Aluminum - This is here to effectively perk up your immune system (it is called an adjuvant). It is not used in all vaccines. When used it is a rather small dose. It is toxic in large quantities, but so is water.

Thimerosal: mercury derivative (contain mercury.) - People freak out at this... not sure why. Neat science trick. You can take and drink mercury and not suffer any ill effects (it passes through you, as it cannot be absorbed). The dangerous mercury is methyl mercury (found in fish) because it has been made organic and can be processed now by your body's cells. This is an ethyl mercury and cannot be absorbed by your body (although it does perk up your immune system - note this is also an adjuvant and is not found in all vaccines)

Phosphates - Common element, found it matchsticks and most legumes and all cells in your body. Required for basic life. They do not suffocate aquatic life, as the author indicates. In the cases of aquatic life, here is what happens. The phosphates go into the water. They promote life, and within water algae is king. The algae grows at a crazy rate, and like all things dies. When it dies organisms break it down, using oxygen in the process. Because there is so much more algae than normal, it does consume all in the water and the fish suffocate. (this is grade 7 water cycle stuff btw).

Or... You could not take the vaccine and avoid turning your body into a science experiement.. The problem with alot of these ingredients is that if taken into your mouth and through the digestion system the body can work on them. But to inject them directly into the bloodstream they bypass alot of this..

I chose not to take the vaccine as I think we all ingest or inhale enough chemicals every day!

However, I do believe that the Flu vaccine is a vaccine to last year?s flu. It may not be the correct vaccine for the current year. (This is what I have been told, and if someone could confirm, please do)

I have also been told that if we keep trying to engineer a vaccine, eventually we will have a superbug that we will not be able to defend ourselves against.

I believe that the fighting off the flu naturally can help you immune system get stronger and be more efficient. (For younger healthy people) For those with compromised immune systems I totally agree with getting the vaccine.

This year is the first year I ever got the flu and I think that is a good track record for a guy in his 30's. If I feel I am getting a little sick, I like to have alcohol in my system for 48 hrs!!!!! It's much more fun than getting pricked in the arm! lol

I think the reason I got the flu this year, is because it is the first year I have not played any sports do to an injury! (I may be wrong)

Flu vaccine, are you getting it or not? and why?

No, and its my body and nobody's concern what I do with my body.

Controversial eh?

I am not sure what to do myself....last year I had a cold that was AWFUL!!

one of my friends got the vaccine at that time and she got the same cold I did?

My doctor emphasizes the goodness of having it......I don't know what to do, I don't want to get a flu like last year.....ay, ay, ay:-?

Some years I get the shot, some years I don't. I find that I'm sick less when I get the shot, so I'm a believer.

Its true that your immune system is stronger after you fight off a sickness. However its also true that you're immune system is stronger after you get the shot. That's how it works.

However, I do believe that the Flu vaccine is a vaccine to last year?s flu. It may not be the correct vaccine for the current year. (This is what I have been told, and if someone could confirm, please do)

I have also been told that if we keep trying to engineer a vaccine, eventually we will have a superbug that we will not be able to defend ourselves against.

I believe that the fighting off the flu naturally can help you immune system get stronger and be more efficient. (For younger healthy people) For those with compromised immune systems I totally agree with getting the vaccine.

The flu vaccine developed each year is new, not last year's model. In a nutshell some epidemiologists look globally of who is getting sick where with what, and knowing that flus are more previlant in the winter make some very educated guesswork as to what will be the prominant flu strains the next year (so imagine weather forecasting, but for the flu). They are usually 70% right or so, and guess the 3-4 main strains that will be going around. This year they were bang on, last year as well (H1N1), but the year before they were way way off so in essense the vaccine was useless 3 years ago as what people were getting sick from wasn't around.

Your body does not care where it gets the genetic and protein markers from (be it from a live 'bug' or dead, chemically altered one), and in both cases for the flu it will be equally as effective.

As for the risk of superbugs... those are bacterial based (not viral) and vaccines do not contribute to their creation. Excessive use of antibiotics does so. In essense by giving an antibiotic when the person has a viral infection (ie a cold or flu) or the person not completing their treatment course allows for the bacteria to learn how to combat the antibiotics, since there isn't enough present to properly kill them. And then there is complicated boring stuff such as bacteria can pass this antibiotic immunity to other bacteria, etc.

In other related news, great article today in the CBC! So that link between autism and vaccines has long been shown to be false (correlation not causation) and the doctor in question has been shown to have FAKED his data completely.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html

• Like 1

I would think its pretty important for the pharmacutical companies to discredit anything that would prove their products to be unsafe.

At the end of the day, the media is controlled by the money players in the industry and the public is thereby manipulated by the media. The vast majority of ppl believe what they read and have a herd mentality. They simply do what they are told. Canadians especially are known to be complacent.

When a minority of the public questions things that are presented by our government they are simply dismissed as alarmists or whack jobs. And are swept away.. sadly, while others end up suffering. This goes much deeper than vaccines of course.

Without insulting anyone's opinion, why would anyone want to put their trust in the hands of people who have a vested interest you being sick, or having to use their products? Billions of dollars would not be earned. These are people that have the power and ability to hide the truth from the public right under their noses. Drug companies are run by the most powerful ppl in the world! Donald Rumsfeld is a MAJOR stockholder in the company that manufactured the H1N1 vaccine. Does that not set off some alarm bells?

Meanwhile courts are awarding parents of children that are victims of the effects of these vaccines millions of dollars in damages. I know in one case the father was a neurologist. Somehow I dont think courts would hand out settlements like this if there wasnt some truth to it.

All I can say is if ppl want to roll up their sleeves and get their shots, thats their perrogative. I will respect their point of view. Just know the reason I hold this view is not to be controversial, rather to maintain my health and the health, of my very healthy family.