Question for The Men

My dentist charges for no-shows, my GP charges for no-shows, my RMT charges for no shows... why on earth would anyone think this is any different...

I was a no-show once with an MP.. called about an hour after the scheduled apt. I felt terrible and was amazed that she agreed to book me again. When I saw her, I paid her twice for the apt - once for the one I missed and once for the session I had. She said it wasn't necessary but I insisted.

In life, we get what we give. And we are treated with the respect and dignity we offer to others.

I guess if you're the kind of person who places sex workers into another class of people, then you're a jerk all around and this kind of behavior seems normal. Thankfully there are spaces like this though - for those who are just jumping in to read and learn about appropriate conduct.

Thanks to all who post, read, and moderate. I have learned a lot and know others have too.

I'm 99.9% with you, but, lets assume he's in an accident, bad enough that he's unconcious, rushed to surgery...cell or no cell, he can't call

BTW I'm neither defending nor criticizing him, just there may be a valid reason for no show/no call

If there is a valid reason, he can call later.

If he has no valid reason, he likely won't call anyway, and is on the sh*t list no matter what

RG

That's what happened to me back in August. I was rushed to hospital in the middle of the night via ambulance several hours before I was due to meet a cerb lady. I had no phone with me and I was hooked up to all kinds of equipment in the emergency room. I was also under the influence of dilauded the whole time. There was no way for me to contact the lady until I was released from hospital well over a week later. I did contact her to apologize upon my return home, to no avail. :frown: I would have seen her after that if she'd have responded but I think I ended up on her bad-client list. I've seen several other ladies since then and not missed a single appointment.

Additional Comments:

My dentist charges for no-shows, my GP charges for no-shows, my RMT charges for no shows... why on earth would anyone think this is any different...

I was a no-show once with an MP.. called about an hour after the scheduled apt. I felt terrible and was amazed that she agreed to book me again. When I saw her, I paid her twice for the apt - once for the one I missed and once for the session I had. She said it wasn't necessary but I insisted.

In life, we get what we give. And we are treated with the respect and dignity we offer to others.

I guess if you're the kind of person who places sex workers into another class of people, then you're a jerk all around and this kind of behavior seems normal. Thankfully there are spaces like this though - for those who are just jumping in to read and learn about appropriate conduct.

Thanks to all who post, read, and moderate. I have learned a lot and know others have too.

Well I was no-showed by a lady here on cerb. I drove a long way to see her but it seems she had been taken ill and was at the hospital emergency room and was unable to contact me. I did manage to see her after that and I didn't even think of trying to charge her (or reduce my donation) to compensate for the time I lost due to her no-show ... it's a two way street in my opinion. If a lady (or anybody else in a service profession, such as a doctor) is going to charge for missed appointments then they better be prepared to ante up something should they have to cancel without agreed upon notice.

Edited by 747LeftSeat

That's what happened to me back in August. I was rushed to hospital in the middle of the night via ambulance several hours before I was due to meet a cerb lady. I had no phone with me and I was hooked up to all kinds of equipment in the emergency room. I was also under the influence of dilauded the whole time. There was no way for me to contact the lady until I was released from hospital well over a week later. I did contact her to apologize upon my return home, to no avail. :frown: I would have seen her after that if she'd have responded but I think I ended up on her bad-client list. I've seen several other ladies since then and not missed a single appointment..

Not to stir up anything from the past but I was the SP that was stood up that day. Quite honestly, I did go out of my way that morning and woke up pretty early and even bought a new set of sheets and candles for our 2 hour appt and was quite disappointed when I was left hanging.

I did not receive your PM until weeks later but did not to know what of it which is why I did not say anything because I was still upset and was not sure of the sincerity of the message. If you claim you were in hospital and had no way to contact me then I will take your word for it because I believe many people deserve second chances despite their circumstances.

Usually when someone stands me up, I don't bother with them anymore but because you've been so forthcoming about your situation here, I am willing to let this go. I don't want to feel any ill will towards anyone nor do I want to dwell on anything negative.

Not to stir up anything from the past but I was the SP that was stood up that day. Quite honestly, I did go out of my way that morning and woke up pretty early and even bought a new set of sheets and candles for our 2 hour appt and was quite disappointed when I was left hanging.

I did not receive your PM until weeks later but did not to know what of it which is why I did not say anything because I was still upset and was not sure of the sincerity of the message. If you claim you were in hospital and had no way to contact me then I will take your word for it because I believe many people deserve second chances despite their circumstances.

Usually when someone stands me up, I don't bother with them anymore but because you've been so forthcoming about your situation here, I am willing to let this go. I don't want to feel any ill will towards anyone nor do I want to dwell on anything negative.

Thanks for the response Nicolette. I'll contact you soon.

If you, guys, you arrive at the SP places and the girls doesnt answer to your phone call how will you react???

This actually happens. I chalk it up "Just not my day" and find something else to do. I used to go to "Plan B", but the dissappointment of "Plan A" just colours the whole day, and plan B suffers for it.

It would be really nice for folks to stop doing this, it's been a "curse" for Ottawa for quite a while, and honestly everyone from both sides is none too happy when it happens.

A little courtesy goes a long way to build a respected community for us all.

For those who do, and are too "whatever" to advise the other party, think how it would feel to you if the roles where reversed. From a client perspective, you prepare, arrive and pooof no one there... upset a bit at having wasted your time ? well, at least you are not out any money, the sps on the other end ARE, they could have met someone else, even if for a reduced amount of time, instead, they refused one or more, and never got the one they accepted, kinda lousy don't you think ?

Another way of seeing it... you show up for work, because you where told there was some, so you travel, get some stuff and show up... only to find after 6 hours that there really was no work and you get to go home after spending some cash to "be there", lousy ain't it ? same for the ladies.

Come on folks, a little maturity here, even if it's a post occurrence apology, it does not put bread on the table, but at least shows you have some class (this may in fact allow you to see the lady at another time, whereas not showing up and letting them know has a way of making ladies "scarce" ;) )

I have never bailed out of a rendez-vous with a lady! At least you should call way ahead to cancel the appointment.

Probably his wife/gf got a hold of his messages! ;)

It's not unique to this business or to Ottawa. My ex-bf was a chiropractor in Mississauga some years ago and would go in specially to meet a new client sometimes on his day off.. but was no-showed several times in the same way..

People take it for granted that when they change their mind for whatever reason the person on the other end won't like it so they just don't call. We may not like it.. but we dislike it worse when the person leaves us hanging.. only they don't have to witness the response so they go on with their lives. Generally the truth is we prefer to be called. I know I do.. but I also let it go quickly either way.. it's just a part of doing business.

People make reservations for restaurants and change their minds.... but don't always call to cancel.. a table may or may not be easily filled.. it's our society.. you either have manners and think about other people or you don't. Those who don't won't easily be convinced to have them. You just have to let it go.

OK so I know this is "for the men" but it interested me so I thought I would give my two cents anyways :)

I suspect with these kinds of dates that most people are trying to keep it a secret. Everything might be fine for the date and then at the last minute a family member or colleague might be watching or has thrown some sort of curve ball that jeopardizes the entire date.

Of course this sucks, for both of us </3, but I try to be forgiving. I want to make people feel comfortable and trusting of me and I think giving a little leeway can help do this :) Lets face it, this can be a sneaky business and there's a lot of factors to maneuver around LOL.

If someone has to cancel last minute on me, I could be understanding - but I would expect them to contact me or call me as soon as they are able. If not I would just think it is rude and I might not want to see them again :(

Sucks that your 2 hr date was canceled and that you had to be frisky all by your lonesome LOL. You seem pretty sexy so that really is a shame :) <3 xo

You just have to let it go.

I think that sums it all up right there. Maybe in a rare example you can influence someone out of their ignorance, but generally not. Such is life, you only make yourself miserable wasting time festering over it.

I've never cancelled or no-showed to an appointment. I tend to take my time but when I book..I book. My view is if I were to cancel inside 24 hours then I would feel obligated to pay either the full session amount or a negotiated cancellation fee. It's about a lost revenue opportunity for the provider.

Saying that...I've been cancelled on inside 24 hours and I did get an apology.

Peace

MG