Government's Sexy Side aka Your Tax Dollars at Work

I came across this and thought I'd share it:

Some may think that Bill Clinton is the US Government's first brush with sex, however the US government has had agencies involved in the skin trade in the past. One example which comes to mind is the famous house of ill repute (actually it is not a house at all, but a collection of trailers) just out of Reno, Nevada called the "Chicken Ranch". The owner of this brothel fell afoul of the US tax agency, the IRS. Not being a foolish chap he decided to flee the US for Latin America rather than fight an inevitably losing battle with tax collectors.

The IRS seized his assets, including the brothel, for unpaid taxes and continued to run the brothel for a number of years until a buyer could be found. Sexual prostitution is legal in Nevada and there are a number of such establishments around the state. It is not known how some of the other madams reacted knowing that they had the US government for a competitor.

Canadians should not be too smug. The case of the Department of National Revenue versus Mrs MacDonald is still on the books. In this case the government sued a madam over taxes, knowing full well that it is illegal in Canada to live off the avails of prostitution. But they took her money none the less.

With governments now involved in bootlegging, gambling and the numbers racquet can whore houses be far behind? After all, they have already determined the business is profitable. Don't be surprised to soon see "Johnny Canuck Beaver Ranches" or "Uncle Sam's Salacious Saloons" in your neighbourhood. The profits from these will of course be dedicated to increased daycare, health and MP's pensions.

Copied from: http://www.alexdoulis.com/taxdollars_sep98.htm

Does that mean that the ladies who work at these brothels should the Canadian government take them over become Federal Public Servants, entitled to a pension plan (superannuation)paid leave (annual, sick, frr),

medical and dental.

And which union becomes their bargaining agent

RG

Guest f***2f***

If they become civil servants we'll never be able to get an appointment. Have you ever tried phoning the Government, any government office....if you are lucky enought to get a real live person they'll tell you to call another number and on and on till you get right back to the first number you tried....too frustrating...keep SPs in the private sector!! lol

Unionized Brothel '''

A dedicated shop steward was at a convention in Las Vegas and decided to check out the local brothels. When he got to the first one, he asked the Madame, "Is this a union house?"

"No, I'm sorry, it isn't," said the Madame.

"Well, if I pay you $100, what cut do the girls get?" he asked.

"The house gets $80 and the girl gets $20."

Mightily offended at such unfair dealings, the man stomped off down the street in search of a more equitable shop. At the second one, he asked the Madame, "Is this a union house?"

"No, I'm sorry, it isn't," said the Madame.

"If I pay you $100, what cut do the girls get?" he asked again.

"The house gets $80 and the girl gets $20."

Again offended, the man stomped off down the street in search of a more equitable shop. His search continued until he finally reached a brothel where the Madame said, "Why yes, this is a union house."

"And if I pay you $100, what cut do the girls get?" he questioned.

"The girls get $80 and the house gets $20."

"That's more like it!" the man said. He looked around the room and pointed to a stunningly attractive redhead. "I'd like her for the night."

"I'm sure you would, sir," said the Madame while gesturing to a grotesque woman in her seventies in the corner, "But Ethel here has seniority."