Question for the Ladies: How does client demographics differ across Canada?

Question for the Ladies: How does client demographics vary between the different cities in Canada?

There was a discussion on another board regarding the differences in client demographics in the various cities in Canada. Some of the conclusions were:

The oldest clientele was in Ottawa.

The youngest clientele was in the West (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton). This was attributed to more rapid economic growth in the West, resulting in a younger workforce and a younger population in general.

Toronto and Montreal fell somewhere in the middle in terms of the average age of clients.

It was also mentioned that Ottawa was the city with the most polite clientele. This was attributed to Ottawa's diplomatic culture.

How does this compare to your experience? Are there other differences you have noticed between your clientele in the various cities? Do you have a preference for the clientele in any particular city?

This is a good question, Rob. It will be interesting to see what others have to say. In my experience, having worked in Toronto for a few years, and here in Vancouver for a few more, I'd say that differences are minimal, overall. The market is much more competitive in Toronto, which I attribute to the larger population. Here, in B.C., there aren't as many mature companions as there were when I was in Ontario. I can charge higher rates in Vancouver than I could in Toronto, too. While it seems that the clientele might be younger in the west because of the economic growth you've noted, the cost of housing here is the highest in North America which has a significant impact on their disposable income. Older men have usually lived here for a long time, or and are better established financially. When I lived in Toronto, nearly all of my clients lived there, too. Here in Vancouver, almost half of them are from out of town, and more than half of them are from the States.

I can't make any comparisons with Ottawa, though it does make sense to me that the clientele may be older there. As for being more polite, many companions say that Ottawa is the "no show" capital of Canada!

I think you'll be hard pressed to find any lady that can answer this with any degree of accuracy, every lady has a different market segment and will generally only come in contact with those that are in her target audience. I rarely travel however when I do I still see the same clientele (within reason) and in this day and age it is next to impossible to have more than one 'persona' which will span across all markets.

For information with any degree of accuracy you would have to take a sample across all regions and all market levels and to the best of my knowledge this has not been done.

I can't make any comparisons with Ottawa, though it does make sense to me that the clientele may be older there. As for being more polite, many companions say that Ottawa is the "no show" capital of Canada!

Said before (no shows), but ouch! that hurt :(

As for clientele being older? could be, but what does one consider "older" I always like the term used "mature" :) I use that term for ladies as well based on their advertised age.

I've only been working in Ottawa and once in Toronto for a couple of days...it does seem true that the Toronto clientele seem a bit younger as maybe it's more a "young and party" city then Ottawa...Ottawa...you have all the bureaucrats and they seem to be more the baby-boomer generations.

As far as Ottawa being the capital of no-show...totally agree. I rarely have problems with people coming from other city visiting Ottawa, but people that actually live here...they never show up for Incall or when you are doing an outcall a lot of them seem to freak out at the last minute

Just to throw a wrench in the whole process. I only hobby when I travel. Not sure how many are like me. But in this approach I could be an Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg, etc 'client' but not from those cities. We have touring ladies but also touring clients. Hmmm never really thought of myself that way.

Posted via Mobile Device

Just to throw a wrench in the whole process. I only hobby when I travel. Not sure how many are like me. But in this approach I could be an Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg, etc 'client' but not from those cities. We have touring ladies but also touring clients. Hmmm never really thought of myself that way.

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm another wrench too...I don't hobby when I travel...I travel to hobby, coming from smalltown Ontario

I have seen ladies in Ottawa, Kingston, Toronto and Hamilton

RG

I really don't think it has anything to do where your from but more your age...some men like younger ladies,some men like older and some just love us all. Doesn't matter where we live or work. just my 2 cents.

Edited by Emma Alexandra
  • Like 1