Luggage Recommendations Please!

Oh my goodness! With all this travel I am going through luggage like it is nobody's business!

I have had Heys and it has fallen to pieces, although I very much like the lightness factor. Samsonite is another popular brand that has not lasted either....

What is going to last for me and be light (?) - open to suggestions!

Hey Dorinda,

I have found Tumi to be very very good as far as reliability and ability to withstand wear and tear. It is a bit more expensive but well worth the investment.

Guest S*rca****sid

I would suggest getting the hard polycarbonate with a latch. The typical soft case luggage that comes with a zipper can easily be opened with any cheap pen. Plus it will protect anything inside. There's nothing like opening your suitcase to find your toothpaste has exploded inside from being squished in the luggage compartment under the plane.

Heys is fantastic (I swear by the stuff) and they have some amazing patterns to chooses from. They have a warranty and there products are amazing.

Guest S******s*m

Heard of a traveller once who sent a package containing his clothes to his hotel for when he would arrive at destination. All he'd ever carry would fit in a carry on.

Benefits = no need to worry about lost or damaged luggage

Issues = you may not be able to take all your goodies so we would end up losing out... On second thought, bad idea... lol

Back to the initial question... since the airline considers a luggage as a wearable item, I would suggest either something that is cost conscious or use of an external shell like a hockey bag when travelling on some of the routes where you expect harsher treatment for your luggage.

Oh my goodness! With all this travel I am going through luggage like it is nobody's business!

I have had Heys and it has fallen to pieces, although I very much like the lightness factor. Samsonite is another popular brand that has not lasted either....

What is going to last for me and be light (?) - open to suggestions!

I did exactly what Saminisam has suggested when I last went to Moncton. I shipped everything via FedEx and it arrived to the motel in tip top shape. I even sent my massage table, it and all my stuff was in my room waiting for me.

This is the way to go for me as I hate dragging luggage and the goodie trunk along.

If you use the same company all the time they will give you a deal and it saves a whole lot of work.

i travel alot with alot of gear......now don't laugh...but we all know weight is an issue now adays with travel luggage.....

the lightest piece out there now is .......ready....antler......i kid you not

http://www.antler.co.uk/home.info

available in ottawa at capital city luggage

• Like 2

I've mentioned in other threads that I travel a lot on business. My personal favorite is Travelpro ... its one of the two brands that airline crews carry a lot. Their most popular line is their "Crew" line, but they have fancier and lighter lines as well. This is probably the brand you are going to see most at the airport used by the business travellers nowadays. They have sturdy bodies, fabrics and very good quality wheels. I have a carry-on 22" Travelpro bag which can hold (for a guy) 5-7 days worth of stuff that I have used for years on a monthly basis and it hardly shows any wear.

We also have a couple Delsey bags which are very, very competitive with the Travelpros as to features and durability. Some say the Delseys dont look quite as institutional and have more interesting colors.

Tumi is obviously a premiere brand and are extremely well built as is Hartmann luggage. Hartmann is probably as close as you can get to a "lifetime" brand (their belting leather products refuse to die). Both of those brands will set you back a very pretty penny.

I'm not sure if they ship to Canada, but a fantastic site to shop for luggage is luggagepros-dot-com. I've bought quite a few bags there.

I've mentioned in other threads that I travel a lot on business. My personal favorite is Travelpro ... its one of the two brands that airline crews carry a lot. Their most popular line is their "Crew" line, but they have fancier and lighter lines as well. This is probably the brand you are going to see most at the airport used by the business travellers nowadays. They have sturdy bodies, fabrics and very good quality wheels. I have a carry-on 22" Travelpro bag which can hold (for a guy) 5-7 days worth of stuff that I have used for years on a monthly basis and it hardly shows any wear.

We also have a couple Delsey bags which are very, very competitive with the Travelpros as to features and durability. Some say the Delseys dont look quite as institutional and have more interesting colors.

Tumi is obviously a premiere brand and are extremely well built as is Hartmann luggage. Hartmann is probably as close as you can get to a "lifetime" brand (their belting leather products refuse to die). Both of those brands will set you back a very pretty penny.

I'm not sure if they ship to Canada, but a fantastic site to shop for luggage is luggagepros-dot-com. I've bought quite a few bags there.

I used to travel alot on the job. I agree with the Travelpro option. Definately the most durable luggage I personally have run accross.

I guess I'll need to upgrade my luggage for my next trip. Not sure if these will stand up to the test.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-ZhUpvKvDAkRXifyXyRj6uoenSaLoOjd_6bk6mrZYp3DIO0g_UQ

I guess I'll need to upgrade my luggage for my next trip. Not sure if these will stand up to the test.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-ZhUpvKvDAkRXifyXyRj6uoenSaLoOjd_6bk6mrZYp3DIO0g_UQ

Carry-on luggage! :icon_smile: