Your Favorite Kid Toy

Guest f***2f***

I had three different collections of toy cars; Matchbox, Dinkys and Corgis. I also had a full service double decker garage for them...the City Service Gas station, complete with an elevator to take the cars to the second level of the garage, hoists for the cars in the service bay and service person figures. I played for hours with those cars and my garage...I remember when I was 14 taking the cars out again in a fit of nostalgia but not playing for very long for by then I'd discovered that girls were more fun to play with than toy cars lol

Guest S**a*Q
Curious George' date=' Raggidy Ann & Andy, Monopoly, rubics cube, the little oven that you could bake in I forget the name but it caught on fire :( lmao. Good times and so many awesome toys yahhh[/quote']

Easy-Bake-Oven. ;)

The Easy Bake oven. My sister made me cookies all day long.

Curious George' date=' Raggidy Ann & Andy, Monopoly, rubics cube, the little oven that you could bake in I forget the name but it caught on fire :( lmao. Good times and so many awesome toys yahhh[/quote']

Guest jake_cdn
We had plently of games and toys in our home. The thing we did most was as a family though, we played cards almost every night. As children they were kids games but as we grew we played cribbage and 45's.

Cathy,

We had exactly the same tradition. We played cards and games every night of the week but especially on Sunday morning. we would make breakfast, sitdown and play cards until someone mentioned that it was 1:30 in the afternoon. It was also deemed as wrong by other members of our family to play cards on Sunday. We felt a little deviant doing it which simply added to the enjoyment.

Good to hear that your tradition continues as ours does as well.

We will have to get together for a good game of cribbage

Additional Comments:

Barbie was my favourite toy I think mostly because I loved buying clothes and shoes for them. Now I do that for myself :)

I also spent a lot of time & had so much fun with this ...

Wow Isabella, this looks like another toy invented by grown-ups that was designed to kill us...remember the old skateboards with the metal wheels? Hit a rock and it was over for you.

Good memories!

Wow, I forgot all about Tonka Trucks and Matchbox Cars. Back When they were all metal, you could really beat the heck out of them!

A few other old favorites include Micro Machines (the tiny little cars lol) and this one may seem strange, but model Airplanes. I Used to love spending hours assembling and painting World War 2 era fighter planes.