What do people live for?

Guest s****i*

I have been trying trying to figure out this for myself for quite a while now. Seems the more I think about it the less sure I become. But I found a video on the Google machine and It doesn't really answer the question but it did make my eyes leak a little bit. I like things like this and I hope maybe you people might know of more like this. I don't care what it is, as long as it's in some way uplifting. I hope this video is uplifting to whoever watches it. at least for 3:05... The last 6 seconds should get clipped but whatever.

Guest tr*****e

I love watching things like this! It reminds me to cherish each moment and not waste time uselessly hating people who aren't going to change anyways. BTW, did anyone else think of that movie called the Bucket List?

Very nice, thanks. A teeny bit sentimental, but the basic message is bang on... don't stop living. Ever. There are some strong pressures on all of us to know and stay in our assigned and expected places.

If you liked that, you'd probably love the movie "Waking Ned Devine". One of my favourites.

• Like 1

I have always the saying

"Life is what happens when your busy making plans"

by John Lennon

It is the jorney that matter rather than the destination, if we focus too much on becomeing a rich, multi-millionaire then we will fail to take time for what is important, like friends, family helping others....enjoying life and being part of the human race and being hobbiest too of course.

It made me queezy inside...Honestly I have no ideas what I live for and it is hard to take sometime...

I wouldn't sweat it too much Malika..you're young and have lots of time to figure stuff out.

As far as the answer is concerned, I've searched long and hard for it and it lead to more questions. I finally concluded that for me there really isn't one answer but a series of them. Be open to anything and anything just might happen :)

Peace

MG

Thanks for the video!

I have never really known what I live for as far as why I exist and what is my purpose in life. It was after my seperation and losing everything material that I started riding motorcycles and found that to be my great escape, my adventure and I agree with everything that Reddog01 said ( I went to Sturgis in 04, you will have a great time!).

Last week a friend sent me this video. I hope some of you find it as insperational as I did.

http://www.wimp.com/watchingthis

Guest s****i*

Thank you for the link, that is exactly what I needed. I find it so easy to tear myself to shreds over stupid little things. It seems totally counter-intuitive to me to try and think I'm okay. I have trouble pertaining to communication blocks in speech and expression, but I can work through or around it when I feel secure. It's hard to picture a future for myself as in career or anything when I get bad I sound like a musical click track that can't keep time, but if I'm calm I really like to talk. And I have to deal with people all the time, and I like people but it gets really hard to be positive when I make people feel awkward just by talking. Most people try to be nice but you hear comments when people think you can't hear them. It's pretty depressing when people think you're drugged out or your brain is fried.

But I have nothing on that guy. That is unreal, Nick Vujicic is really inspiring. I am glad you posted that. Thanks for the other comments as well everybody.

I live for love,for my kids and to make at least one person smile a day. I always feel better knowing that I've done that.:icon_biggrin: Live and love life!

• Like 7

It made me queezy inside...Honestly I have no ideas what I live for and it is hard to take sometime...

easy does it there malika...

i get concerned when i hear things like this

just live for one day at a time,

just be thankful for your daily bread today, let tommorrow worry about itself, because tommorrow is just as uncertain for those that think they have it all together as for those that think they dont.

nothing is ever as it seems right now, and all things in time shall pass.

• Like 1

I live for the moment...

Carpe Peaciem: Seize the pleasures of the day while paying little or no attention to the consequences of the future and not harming those around you.

First and foremost what keeps me going in life is always staying in touch with all the goodness in our family....stay positive and optimistic and do my best each and everyday....seeing the smile on my husband and children's face make the day very bright....I try not to take life to seriously and focus on living and embrassing the moment and living each day as it is my last....my family is my ROCK in my heart. I also love to dream....they don't cost anything....and when these dreams become a reality it is so self satisfying...I am very blessed with a healthy beautiful family and I never take this for granted.

My family, my friends, my religion, and myself. I think the purpose of life is to live in service of others and to make the most of myself.

I live for tomorrow......and the next day...and the day after that.

I live for the love of life.....the love of friends...the love of family.......

I'm going to chime in and say that I live to fight for a better world till the day I die. There is way too much effed up sh** in this world.

Alongside this, the people who I interact with on a daily basis (my community members, co-organizers and friends) make my life the best it has ever been!

Also:

--food

--dancing

--laughing

--and this job, because I make people happy, they make me happy and the kinds of relationships created, whether they last during a session or on a more long term basis, are definitely something that brightens up my day.

Sky

I live life for fun, friendship and family. I keep life simple, don't look too far ahead, don't get too serious and inject as much fun, smiling and laughter into every day that I can. This hobby has rejuvinated the only thing that had been missing in my life as of late and I have met some really terrific ladies along the way. So....Life is Good !

I live for my family and friends

I live for my relaxation/passion, fishing

I live for my once a month encounter with a lady

Thats what I live for, in a nutshell

RG

What you seek, you shall never find.

For when the gods made man,

They kept immortality for themselves.

Fill your belly.

Day and night make merry,

Let days be full of joy.

Love the child that holds your hand.

Let your wife delight in your embrace.

For these alone are the concerns of man

-The Epic of Gilgamesh

I live for my purpose. I am not sure what that purpose is, but one day I will fnd out....

Guest jake_cdn

I live for myself, my family, my friends and my integrity.

Without any one of the above I am not complete.