Out come the wolves changed my life, I may or may not have had a mohawk for years lol finally growing my hair out. Also that is one of my favorite good riddance albums. Basically I listen to 70's pre punk and 80's and 90's punk.

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

And I have one more reason to be jealous of you!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Dont be silly, I was only trying to make the boys jealous! If you'd been in the same city as me I'm sure you would have been on stage with me!

Ready to be jealous? I used to get to watch Good Riddance from the stage. Ahhh being a girl is awesome :D

Dude! If I get any greener, i'll be able to blend in perfectly with the hideous 70's couch in my living room!

How the heck did you pull that off?? (aside form being pretty and awesome of course)

The closest I ever got to them was when the singer Russ, clipped the side of my head with his shoe as he jumped off the stage to confront some jackass who'd thrown a bottle at the band. You'd better believe that was the last time they played Winnipeg :( I believe that was the same night a member of the japanese band Nicotine got mugged and seriously injured outside the venue... Fun and games in the west end of 'Peg city... yeesh

We would look great sitting on speakers together!

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with that! BTW, a mohawk on a lady = pretty much the sexiest thing EVER .

And out come the wolves was a big one for me as well, before that, I wasn't so sure about melody and ska/reggae influences in punk. Rancid provided an argument that was about as subtle as a slap to the balls and I ate it up!

what about op ivy?

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

lol I know it was kinda awful but... It made Rancid more of a cohesive sound and it was delightful at the same time.

Posted via Mobile Device

We would look great sitting on speakers together!

Posted via Mobile Device

Hells yes!!! I admit it wasn't just being a girl that got me on stage all the time. It was dating a guy in the music industry. But I got to be on stage for many, many punk shows about ten years ago. Ahhh good times.

Sorry for kind of hijacking this thread. Another fave of mine from the 90s I still listen to constantly:

The Magnetic Fields - 'Epitaph for my Heart'

I found Operation Ivy after Rancid, a thirst was thrust upon me and I had to slake it with more! So I researched and found Op Ivy. I love how raw the production on their recordings was, and even back then you could tell Matt Freeman was a 4 stringed force to be reckoned with!

That being said though, Megadeth's Cover of These Boots trumps Op Ivy's in my books every time!

This thread is getting fun! What's your opinion on Propagandhi, Misfits, and D.R.I.?

Additional Comments:

Hells yes!!! I admit it wasn't just being a girl that got me on stage all the time. It was dating a guy in the music industry. But I got to be on stage for many, many punk shows about ten years ago. Ahhh good times.

No doubt! I have fond memories of seeing many bands come through the jerkwater prairie town I grew up in 10+ years ago now. Being able to say SNFU was my second show ever is still a source of pride. It was somewhat irritating to have those bastards set the bar for live performances to this day when I was that young though!

Additional Comments:

Ah crap, I forgot this isn't the reminiscing about fun punk albums/shows thread. Sorry folks I got carried away.