Is there one close to Kanata?

Afraid not (anymore). Your closest places are likely the Silver Dollar (Merivale south of Hunt Club) or one of the two downtown clubs (Barbs or Barefax)

With such a big affluent population base in Kanata and Barrhaven, I would have thought there would be plenty of demand for a strip club. Someone here will know--why did Jason's close? Is there any zoning opportunity anymore for a club anywhere in the west end?

With such a big affluent population base in Kanata and Barrhaven, I would have thought there would be plenty of demand for a strip club. Someone here will know--why did Jason's close? Is there any zoning opportunity anymore for a club anywhere in the west end?

I think there was not much business for the club. From what I remembered, it looked like a huge warehouse with only a handful of customers (sometimes 1 hand).

I may be wrong but isn't there also a by-law in Kanata that prevents an adult-based establishment of establishing itself?

Pretty sure I read that somewhere, a while ago...

In response to the two posts above,

1) no Jason's was a strip club, full nudity. At one point the champagne rooms were divided for "touch" and "no-touching" but that disappeared shortly after opening and it went to all touch. It went under mostly because shortly after it opened, there was the huge "tech-bust" and folks in Kanata hi-tech didn't have the big bucks anymore. As well he NHL strike helped kill it, like many other west end bars, as it lost all the people from before and after the Sens games.

2) There is no law prohibiting SCs in Kanata. What the courts ruled was that cities could not prohibit SCs but could limit them, so they had to allow at least one. They also had to grandfather all existing SC's. Jason's was opened before amalgamation of Ottawa, therefore it was the one allowed Kanata SC. However, since amalgamation, the mega-city is only compelled to allow one SC. There are more than that right now, so good luck trying to get another SC license (or MP license for that matter). When Jason's gave up there license, there became one less club in Ottawa.

Just to add to that. Hi tech mogul, and self proclaimed morality chief, Terry Mathews, forbade his employees from going to Jason's for lunch during the work day. I dare say this deterred many from being seen going there at any time. That probably didn't help them any.

if you are driving the Siver dollar is beter for parking and the Nuden is close to the Queensway and St.Laurent with ample parking.

• Like 1

Hard to believe that along with the existing clubs in town there were also dancers at the Richmond Inn, Thursday, Friday and Saturdays, The Gypsy Rose in Manotick, the Voyageur Inn on Montreal Rd. Habba Babba's in Westboro and there was even a strip bar in Arnprior. Times have indeed changed. I found for it's time that Jason's was overpriced. Cover charge even during the day, champagne room dances were $20 and NO touching, at least when I went.

I used to go to Jasons in the late 90s/early 00s..I thought it was a pretty good sc..big, lots of good-looking girls and it was prob the classiest in Ottawa along with Pigales..gotta admit tho it was never really that busy for its size, except on hockey nights..

Aren't there some clubs on the Quebec side in Alymer that would be accessible via the Champlain Bridge?

Aren't there some clubs on the Quebec side in Alymer that would be accessible via the Champlain Bridge?

The Pink, on the Aylmer road, opens either at 7 or 7:30 pm.