Lets treat our ladies great ...

I was just reading Cato's reco on Sophia Varoushka and I agree with his comments on cancellations and no-shows. This brings me to add my voice to his. There are too many no shows without an accompanying explanation, as i've kept reading about them .....

Please, let us be considerate in regards to the ladies of CERB, more importantly (but not just of course) if they are visiting us in our fair city. If you book and have to cancel, please do so with as much notice as possible. If you are running late, do so as well, believe me, it's appreciated.....

If you do book a couple of days ahead but have to cancel, let them know then and there so that they can make alternate plans; rework their schedule for the day, reschedule their trip. Same goes if you say "i'll confirm by x", at least if you tell them that you cant make it, the courtesy will be appreciated.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. End of rant ....

• Like 3

Just wanted to add a little different perspective.

I was feeling very badly here these past few days. I requested an appointment with a well known travelling lady a couple of weeks ago, which was acknowledged with an understandable will get back to you sooner to the date response. The SP sent me a "do I know you" response a week or so later and I filled it in complete with one local reference (my first and only CERB).

Unfortunately, I had to cancel with 5 or 6 days notice (with an offer to compensate if she felt it warranted, or words to that effect). I did send her a friend request at the same time and got no response.

Email can be cold, misunderstood and taken out of context. The turn down on the friend request may be overly senstivive on my part, but stings a bit.

Please ladies, hobbyists have feelings too....

Musings from an overly sensitive guy feeling sorry for himself

Guest W***ledi*Time
... I did send her a friend request at the same time and got no response... The turn down on the friend request may be overly senstivive on my part, but stings a bit...

Bear in mind that different ladies have different protocols when it comes to their "Friends List". Some ladies' policy is that they will only add clients to their Friends List if they have personally met them, and feel comfortable in providing a reference to another lady based on that direct in-person experience.

Common courtesy works both ways. Examples of problems could go on and on. Touring would make it more of a factor with the ladies. Impulse does play a major role. Best to think of yourself as the other person. How would you like to be treated in that specific situation? Hard argument to win no matter what side of it you are on. So many factors to think about.

Common courtesy

• Like 1

Unfortunately life does happen and usually when we least expect it.

That being said it is just good manners to properly cancel an appointment if life buts it's big nose into your enjoyment. The reverse of that is the consideration provided when such an event occurs.

I've encountered the "chill" of a cancelation on more than one occasion but I know that comes more from the fact that time = money and time lost from me may not be made up for by another hense a loss of potential income.

Now a days my bookings are either done on relatively short notice (a day or two in advance) or at times when I know for certain that my time will be my own.

PIO

I had to cancel an appointment that I had made only 2 days in the future and then had something come up with only 40 h to notify the SP - she had cautioned me that her access to her computer and e-mail was limited yet very graciously accepted my postponement on relatively short notice.

If we all do our best to use common courtesy it all works out.

J

Common courtesy and realizing "life happens" to everyone helps alleviate frustration

I once was quite a few hours late for an encounter...but when the police close the 401 quite beyond my control.

I have had postponements, not cancellationsfrom a couple ladies, because life happens

I had a lady arrive late, because of traffic

I had a lady about two days prior to our encounter ask to change the time

(originally 6-8pm, change to 3-5pm)...life happened to her, but schedule changed, it all worked out

I only point out these examples because they did happen. And it's not always the guys that cancel or no shows. And it's not always because the guy or lady is ignorant. Life does happen, circumstances arise that are unexpected, but we all try to make the best of bad situations

And I would guess, judging by the calibre of the posters on CERB as an example, that no malice is intended. Just if you know a curve is thrown, let the lady or guy know as soon as possible

Some ramblings from a guy who has thrown a curve, been thrown a curve, and you know what, it all worked out, it's all good

RG

Go away...

other threads

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6723

and here

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4737

and here...

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33361&highlight=shows+ottawa

it has been mentioned numerous times and it still will remain intact, and I don't think the issue will ever be corrected. I guess it is part of the business, Ottawa just seems to be the leader at times, but then again Ottawa is probably the busiest with ladies,hobbiest.

Enjoy your week,

I was just reading Cato's reco on Sophia Varoushka and I agree with his comments on cancellations and no-shows. This brings me to add my voice to his. There are too many no shows without an accompanying explanation, as i've kept reading about them .....

Please, let us be considerate in regards to the ladies of CERB, more importantly (but not just of course) if they are visiting us in our fair city. If you book and have to cancel, please do so with as much notice as possible. If you are running late, do so as well, believe me, it's appreciated.....

If you do book a couple of days ahead but have to cancel, let them know then and there so that they can make alternate plans; rework their schedule for the day, reschedule their trip. Same goes if you say "i'll confirm by x", at least if you tell them that you cant make it, the courtesy will be appreciated.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. End of rant ....