Us women are constantly reminded of the awareness of breast cancer and what we have to do to detect it at early stage but I don't hear very often information for men and is very important that they are also aware of this. Testicular cancer is considered a rare disease but at the same time is one of the most comon cancers among men so I'll invite you to visit the following websites and learn a bit or a bit more about it and how to do a self examination.

http://www.cancer.ca/Canada-wide/About%20cancer/Types%20of%20cancer/What%20is%20testicular%20cancer.aspx

http://www.cancer.ca/Canada-wide/About%20cancer/Types%20of%20cancer/Early%20detection%20of%20testicular%20cancer.aspx?sc_lang=en

http://tcrc.acor.org/tcexam.html

I know these topics are not the ones we like discussing but early detection makes a difference and can even save your life.

Edited by Isabella Gia (Banned)
  • Like 1

I have to say,it is nice to know there are people out there concerned about cancer,and spreading the word of SELF EXAMINATIONS! Great informative post:)

I can not stress the topic of this thread enough. As I am a cancer survivor and a damn lucky one at that I can not stress enough the importance of either checking yourself or getting checked. Ladies and gentlemen do yourself and your loved ones a favour pay attention to your body!

On a lighter note, guys if you aren't comfortable checking yourselves all you need to do is get one of the lovely ladies of Cerb to help you out. You can even make it a game for two by "helping" her check her body.:icon_wink:

Thanks Isabella for once again putting other people ahead of yourself!

Edited by S***ec*****s

The Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation launched a new cool fundraising event last year called The Underwear Affair which I was proud to be a part of.

Besides promoting awareness to "down there-ness" and gathering funds to increase cancer survivorship, the walk/run brings some sexiness to the conservative streets of Ottawa for one day.

Whether you decide to participate or volunteer, you can rest assure you will have a great time and your efforts will be appreciated by all and will contribute to help those who need it!

Every little bit counts!

drop_header_en_11.gif

Guest S*rca****sid
Us women are constantly reminded of the awareness of breast cancer and what we have to do to detect it at early stage but I don't hear very often information for men and is very important that they are also aware of this. Testicular cancer is considered a rare disease but at the same time is one of the most comon cancers among men so I'll invite you to visit the following websites and learn a bit or a bit more about it and how to do a self examination.

http://www.cancer.ca/Canada-wide/About%20cancer/Types%20of%20cancer/What%20is%20testicular%20cancer.aspx

http://www.cancer.ca/Canada-wide/About%20cancer/Types%20of%20cancer/Early%20detection%20of%20testicular%20cancer.aspx?sc_lang=en

http://tcrc.acor.org/tcexam.html

I know these topics are not the ones we like discussing but early detection makes a difference and can even safe your life.

Will this be a new menu option? If so, I would suggest warming up your hand first!

...guys if you aren't comfortable checking yourselves all you need to do is get one of the lovely ladies of Cerb to help you out...

I think just to be safe I should get checked out at least once a week by a CERB lady.

There are two other cancers that hit men, especially when they enter their fifties. There are very simple tests that should be done every year. Not checking the stats, but I suspect these are far more common.

Colo rectal cancer can affect both genders, and the test is so easy. Get a FOBT kit at the doctor or clinic, take it home , put a fecal sample in the kit, and put it in the mail. There's no cost and the province will send you back the results.

Prostate cancer is obviously a male disease. At your annual physical a quick examination and a requisition for a PSA blood test will identify a problem in it's early stages. If you're getting a prostate massage with your regular MA she might even be able to give you a heads up.

I do these tests ever year, and I advise all the guys to follow suit. You only come this way once.

• Like 1

very true...very serious.......it is time men came out about this...we are far behind the women about social issues like this.

and as for self examination......hellloooo...I think I do enough...hehehehe

Thanks for this thread, Isabella!

Gentlemen, please also be aware that men, too, can get breast cancer. It's nowhere nearly as frequent in men as it is in women, but it can be just as devastating (a friend's husband is going through treatment for this now). Male breasts are usually smaller and flatter than female breasts, obviously, and this makes examination simpler, but not something you can take for granted. We're all exposed to so many toxins!

Wow, I am glad I read this thread. I just had my colonoscopy, and an exam of my skin and all the other various tests but I never got checked for the possibility of testicular cancer. Thanks Isabelle for bringing this to my attention.

Thanks for this thread, Isabella!

Gentlemen, please also be aware that men, too, can get breast cancer. It's nowhere nearly as frequent in men as it is in women, but it can be just as devastating (a friend's husband is going through treatment for this now). Male breasts are usually smaller and flatter than female breasts, obviously, and this makes examination simpler, but not something you can take for granted. We're all exposed to so many toxins!

I was going to make the same point Samantha. I remember hearing somewhere that of all breast cancer patients, that men make up something like 4 percent.

This is something worth knowing.