I know the term "hobbiest" seems to be popular on this board, but I find many of us have struggled with what to call the men in this hobby.

I've traditionally called them "clients." They fit the definition: pay for and receive service. But this term sounds so cold and I don't think it truly captures the closeness and intimacy that is shared. Is a "client" who comes to see me the same as a "client" who buys computer software? Of course not!

About 6 months ago one of my friends asked me: "What time is your last patient?" as she was looking to meet me for a coffeee. I laughed and asked her: "What do you mean, patients?" She couldn't think of what to call them!

At first I thought it was silly, but I liked it and it has stuck. So those of you who see me, you'll be (happy?) to know that I refer to you as my "patient." I care for you and make sure you leave happier and healthier than when you arrived.

I hope this little anecdote sparks some interesting conversation.

• Like 1

patient....hum....

are you the cause or the cure..........

might be interesting to test each theroy.....lol

Good topic Megan.

Hobbiest, really never liked that term, found it surprising it was the term used when I started seeing ladies...but really, when two (or more) people are together for a few hours intimately, hobby isn't the word that comes to mind.

Patient, not sure. Has the ring of being cared for, but in a professional clinical detached manner.

When I see a lady (SP) I'm partial to the GFE. Is it inappropriate to consider her a girlfriend then within the confines of the SP/Client relationship only? But what about PSE...maybe call her costar?

Well as you can see I've got no answers, just some thoughts

RG

^^^Girlfriend to me means long-term' date=' but I like the term "date".[/quote']

Personnally, i prefer using "date"...... It's closer to what happens, at least for me.

... At first I thought it was silly' date=' but I liked it and it has stuck. So those of you who see me, you'll be (happy?) to know that I refer to you as my "patient." I care for you and make sure you leave happier and healthier than when you arrived.[/quote']

I like to use the following:

- My gentlemen

- My temporary lover(s)

- My guest(s) of honor

- My companion(s)

- etc...

:)

I like "patient" when we are doing a role play rendez-vous...

Doctor Gabby ;)

I like the term date as well. Client and patient are both very cold and impersonal. Maybe that is fine for the SP/MP but I prefer the whole GFE so I guess I think date is warmer. Just my thought and no implicating any SP/MP specifically in my previous statement. Just a truly sweeping generalization.

I like to use the following:

- My gentlemen

- My temporary lover(s)

- My guest(s) of honor

- My companion(s)

- etc...

:)

I like "patient" when we are doing a role play rendez-vous...

Doctor Gabby ;)

Dear Doctor Gabby,

As your gentleman and your temporary lover,I truly enjoy being your guest of honor and companion for the patient care that I do need time to time.

Thanks Doc,

I sincerely "enjoy time well spent" with you ;)

Pete

• Like 3

well I refer to the ladies as my Winnipeg girl friends. Don't mean anything by it but I like to think of you as friends not mpa's, sp's, clients, patients, hobbyest or whatever. You guys think too much

^^^Girlfriend to me means long-term' date=' but I like the term "date".[/quote']

Actually agree, kind of emotionally laden term.

Date works for me, and when it is your first date, well it's the ultimate blind date

And always, for me, it's ladies I'm seeing, hopefully the ladies are seeing gentlemen

RG

I am all for the word "Date". I remember when I first brought up this word (Date) to this board to refer to the SPs that I see (last summer)... well how can I say it mildly... I was toasted :-). But I kept on referring to my guests as dates ever since and I am very happy to see it is gaining support and acceptance and likely popularity too. That is what visiting ladies are to me. Dates that I use internet to meet rather than dance bars (hi-tech dates lol) and we have a party together and we exchange lots of love and passion and kisses. And they leave (not a misspell lol) happily after.

"Book her Dan-O! (in my case Pete-O) its a date"

In her case "a date" I hope as well, after all, that is what it is all about a date, and getting to know each other, but more intimately.... as we all know. ;)

Ok, calling my clients "patients" makes me laugh too hard. I don't even use "client" most of the time.

Half the time, I will say something like, "Oh I've got a dude later" or "I've got a thing at 3pm."

Vague. That's me.

Guest W***ledi*Time

For me personally, the term "patient" carries a strong negative connotation from its primary meaning of "a sick person".

Megan's use is of course technically correct, based on a secondary meaning of "a recipient of any personal service" - but my immediate, visceral reaction to being called a "patient" is to recoil in dismay. Again, that's just one guy's take on it. I do understand where you're coming from though, Megan!

I myself like the straightforward "client" or "customer". (As I've pointed out in other posts, true "hobbyists" make up only a fraction of the clients in this business.)

I don't mind the term "john", either - I'd rather be called a "john" than a "patient". Of course, many others despise the term "john".

All of which only goes to illustrate the general point that's been shown many times on this board (and in all walks of life, for that matter): almost any term you can imagine will be looked upon positively by some, neutrally by some, and negatively by some.

(I do confess to being sick in my own way, so perhaps the term "patient" just rings too close to home, ha ha)

Guest e**m***h

Strange, but I am not all that freaked out by the idea of being a patient in some ways. I think for a moment about the service, at least in Megan's case. She delivers a calm, wonderful, deeply erotic time full of very intimate touch. I need that...in a really basic way. Humans do, no matter where they are coming from and how tough they are.

For me, I do not generally get enough of touching and being sensual. The fact is, at least for me, being sensual, erotic, touched...and enjoying so visually sublime a moment or two by seeing someone as lovely as Megan in action feels very deeply healthy for me. Personally, I would not think of an SP or an MP as a date, or girlfriend, temporary or not, which would just be complicating and unnecessary - again, at least for me.

So, on the patient question...some people, or companies, are true rip off artists in the so called health industry, selling completely ineffective crap - bottles, ointments, pills -- take your pick. I would say some erotic services are absolutely wonderful from a personal health perspective, and there is no question how well a session works in terms of deep relaxation and fundamental needs (psychological and physical), no question at all.

Personally, I like the term Companion in the lady's case. For me, it conjures images of somebody who's classy and knows how to entertain and make others feel at ease.

As for referring to the men. I'm rather partial to gentleman, mostly because there's no way in hell I would ever be referred to as such in any other aspect of my life! I just don't look the part ;) But as well, the term makes me think of somebody who is polite, well mannered and respectful and i'd like to think that describes most of the gentlemen here on CERB :)

So those of you who see me' date=' you'll be (happy?) to know that I refer to you as my "patient." I care for you and make sure you leave happier and healthier than when you arrived./quote']

I like the word play in being referred to as a patient, particularly for 'patient care' or more particularly if I require intensive care.

Knowing you are being referred to as a Gent or Gentleman is nice to hear and something to strive for.

Then again, just being referred to, at all, works too.

I don't mind patient, because even though I wasn't sick when I arrived, there was definitely some healing going on.

So no Jack Donaghy fans here, who view sex as a competition, and refer to their date/companion/etc. as an opponent?

I am all for the word "Date". I remember when I first brought up this word (Date) to this board to refer to the SPs that I see (last summer)... well how can I say it mildly... I was toasted :-). But I kept on referring to my guests as dates ever since and I am very happy to see it is gaining support and acceptance and likely popularity too. That is what visiting ladies are to me. Dates that I use internet to meet rather than dance bars (hi-tech dates lol) and we have a party together and we exchange lots of love and passion and kisses. And they leave (not a misspell lol) happily after.

You know, SA, I think I was one of the ones giving you shit for using that term, but I think I've come over to the dark side. :icon_biggrin: It just seems the most appropriate out of the words available to describe our encounters.

Not a problem Berlin. I am happy that this beautiful word (Date or Rendezvous) is becoming more acceptable and is being used by more and more people every day.

It is really a date (rendezvous) for me and many others who nominated my thread on seeing SPs as "party with guests as dates ......." last summer (though many opposed it too) . All I am happy is that my vision is gaining recognition on the board and I hope to see it as a popular word soon. I used to date many years ago usually meeting young ladies at dance bars when I was in Montreal (not as easy in Ottawa though) and the dates that I have now as hobbyist is equally intensive and real if not more and it feels same too. We chat, we exchange hugs and kisses, we laugh, we care about each other, we have a good time together and yes similar to dates we exchange gifts too :icon_wink:.

Edited by S*****t Ad*****r