Duo: Emily and Amelia

Guest W***ledi*Time

Duo: Emily and Amelia -- In the Sweet Kitchen

Emily Rushton: http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/member.php?u=22822; http://www.emilyrushton.com

Amelia Heart: http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/member.php?u=48783

There's all kinds of sweets in this world, and I happen to love most anything made with sugar. Or spice. Or both. But every once in a while I get a hankering that can't be fully satisfied by anything but ... cupcakes.

Caramel Cupcakes. Peanut Butter Cupcakes. White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes. Cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes! Sometimes I fantasize about tearing into a whole box of assorted cupcakes just as fast as I can, using both hands.

But enough about me. What we need is more talk about cupcakes.

Happily, today I visited a couple of real Cupcake Cuties at an upscale Halifax hotel:

Amelia:
Creamiest white frosting with fruity accents. Light but firm. Saucy and fragrant. Meltingly tender.

Emily:
Golden brown with a luscious hint of caramelization, still warm from the oven. Soft and smooth icing. Richly spirited seasoning.

So what did I learn today about Pastry Chefs' secrets of baking great cupcakes? Start off with the very finest ingredients, and you can't go wrong. Smooth, creamy butter. Refined sugar for just the right degree of sweetness. Beat in the eggs thoroughly for a firm but delicate body. Wholesome milk for moistness. All natural flavouring. Double-acting baking powder to make them rise. A pinch of salt to bring out the full flavour. No artificial ingredients. Bake 'em in a muffin tin. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the centre. Cool 'em on a rack. Finish off with warm icing. Sparkles on top.

Cupcake eating tip: Always lick the icing first. Then peel the paper off the bottom to reveal the moist goodness. But also don't forget to save a bit of the icing until last, too - just for taste. Don't even try to stop after eating just one!

But seriously.

Emily and Amelia fill a room with fun and laughter, passion and sensuality. Relaxed, warm, comfortable companionship seeps into every corner and crevice. Besides the which - they well know how to use the full acreage of a king-size bed to excellently bouncy advantage.

Being a foot-man, I was very happy to spend the pre-romp chat relaxing on the couch between two smart and lively ladies, me with a lapful of four gorgeous feet to fondle. (Oops, I seem to recall that there were a few cupcake crumbs in my lap, too!) A very pleasant way to get my motor running.

Yes, the cupcakes. These particular cupcakes are great fun to nibble on. They nibble back, too - you've been warned!

Thanks Amelia and Emily!

Yum yum yum!!! Sugarrushhhhhhhh ....

(p.s. your cupcakes may vary)

Independent
I wouldn't visit again
Independent
I wouldn't visit again

When I saw that Emily and Amelia were having a little party in Halifax, I just couldn't pass that up.

I have spent a few wonderful mornings with Emily and heard many wonderful things about Amelia; putting aside some time to spend with these lovely ladies was an easy choice.

If you get a chance to see either or both of these two electrifying ladies you should definately jump on the opportunity. Spending time with these two is an adventure in bliss!

Guest J******72

I am officially envious :) How did you manage to not end up in the emergency room? On their own, each seem like lovely, special ladies, but together, I'd need a defribilltor on standby!

This is an awesome hobby. Ladies, you're the best!!

Guest W***ledi*Time

Thanks to Emily and Amelia for today's sweet reprise of the afternoon we spent last year (minus the pastry, but still with the lovely cupcakes, ha ha).

Amelia is visiting Halifax for the first time since she moved away just over a year ago. I have certainly been among those who started counting down the minutes, from the moment that she announced that she would be here with us this week. Welcome back Miss A!

Okay, here's the part where I confess that I was a very lazy fellow this afternoon. I basked in a happy daze, amidst a blur of dancing eyes and facetious remarks and caressing breath and warm lips and swaying cupcakes. I just lay back for most of the two hours, contentedly admiring these two luscious ladies - and allowed them to entertain and pamper the heck out of me.

I'm not sure if I can say this so it conveys my thoughts exactly right, but somehow I feel so at home and relaxed and at peace while sharing time with Emily and Amelia. And, by-the-by, and not entirely paradoxically, that's exactly when the fireworks really start zinging for me.

Thank you once again, Amelia and Emily!!

ymmv

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Do you want to write a recommendation?
You'd be directly helping out the Lyla community!

Rating

Affiliation & Availability

Details

Contact information

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.