2 hours ago, davidfield said:

.... As with any profession (which is not minimum wage or low income), if you don't have money saved to survive at least six months, then I feel sorry for you. It's not a virus fault or govt fault. 

Wow, I used to be that out of touch with the reality of being poor. I do well and yes if needed I could go 6 months without an income, but I am one of the VERY VERY fortunate few with that level of savings and retirement investments. I can assure you that the vast majority of service providers are working to pay their immediate bills and are not able to go a month without an income. That is not their fault, sure I bet you could nitpick their life choices and say if you'd done this or that you'd be better off. The reality is most poor people (and I know many these days) aren't making terrible choices, they aren't lazy, they aren't looking for handouts, they are a victim of the economic conditions they were raised, victims of troubled childhoods, victims of misfortune, victims of whatever. Some are lazy pieces of shit, but that is NOT the norm, that's just the stereotype, plus after years of living poor it's hard for people to live other ways, you become conditioned to it.

You can say to someone, you're poor so why do you smoke? Why do you drink? Why do weed? but those small vices are easy ways to spend an extra $20 and when $20 won't solve any of your real problems but will help you forget them for a few hours....well I won't blame anyone wanting to forget their issues for a little while. 

Here's my idea for our lovely service providers. We have a few more days where seeing a provider is still going to be socially tolerated, but in about 5-6 days even most of the providers are going to stop seeing customers, the threat of the virus, the financial relief the government is putting together, the lack of customers, etc are going to heavily curtail business. While we are still able to see service providers, give them an extra $20, take them some smokes, take them a bag of groceries, show a little humanity to the people we depend on and who don't have the resources we as clients have. And if during the worst of this you hear from your favorite providers and they need a little help can't we make an effort to share some groceries, share some TP with our friends? Just make arrangements and leave them some help at their door, no face-to-face contact needed. 

To all the providers out there, check on Lyla.ch for updates related to Covid-19 and business, share with others the protections you are taking, share tips. Ask clients in your ads to bring a few cans of food, we aren't individuals in this, we are facing it as a society.  We need everyones help to get through this. If as a provider you are struggling due to reduced business, post on Lyla.ch that you are struggling, reach out for help.

Edited by Rambler1980
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rambler1980 said:

Wow, I used to be that out of touch with the reality of being poor. I do well and yes if needed I could go 6 months without an income, but I am one of the VERY VERY fortunate few with that level of savings and retirement investments. I can assure you that the vast majority of service providers are working to pay their immediate bills and are not able to go a month without an income. That is not their fault, sure I bet you could nitpick their life choices and say if you'd done this or that you'd be better off. The reality is most poor people (and I know many these days) aren't making terrible choices, they aren't lazy, they aren't looking for handouts, they are a victim of the economic conditions they were raised, victims of troubled childhoods, victims of misfortune, victims of whatever. Some are lazy pieces of shit, but that is NOT the norm, that's just the stereotype, plus after years of living poor it's hard for people to live other ways, you become conditioned to it.

You can say to someone, you're poor so why do you smoke? Why do you drink? Why do weed? but those small vices are easy ways to spend an extra $20 and when $20 won't solve any of your real problems but will help you forget them for a few hours....well I won't blame anyone wanting to forget their issues for a little while. 

Here's my idea for our lovely service providers. We have a few more days where seeing a provider is still going to be socially tolerated, but in about 5-6 days even most of the providers are going to stop seeing customers, the threat of the virus, the financial relief the government is putting together, the lack of customers, etc are going to heavily curtail business. While we are still able to see service providers, give them an extra $20, take them some smokes, take them a bag of groceries, show a little humanity to the people we depend on and who don't have the resources we as clients have. And if during the worst of this you hear from your favorite providers and they need a little help can't we make an effort to share some groceries, share some TP with our friends? Just make arrangements and leave them some help at their door, no face-to-face contact needed. 

To all the providers out there, check on Lyla.ch for updates related to Covid-19 and business, share with others the protections you are taking, share tips. Ask clients in your ads to bring a few cans of food, we aren't individuals in this, we are facing it as a society.  We need everyones help to get through this. If as a provider you are struggling due to reduced business, post on Lyla.ch that you are struggling, reach out for help.

Very well said!😘 

I was going to keep quite 😬Choosing not too. I'm not sure how many of you Gents are on Twitter.. Go on Twitter and look/read up on Service Providers are doing. If you don't have a Twitter Account, make one. I'm fairly new to Twitter World, too. The amount of SW's that's going through a Hard time is awful. 😔.... Some are Asking/Crying out for help.... Some are not. Keep in mind that just because one is not asking doesn't mean it's not needed. Some of the Quite ones are Slowing Coming out, asking. Pre-Paying for a future visiting is a great way to help. If it's a Provider you see on a somewhat regular visit.. Why not (if the means is there.. That is). If is a Travelling SP that you do book a date with when she's visiting your city, why not. It's doesn't even have to be prepaying for a future visit. .. $20, $50, any amount would help. Beleive me, she (they) would greatly appreciate it. If been reading on Twitter that some would even take a Basic Rate ex: $250-$300, and divide it between a few Sp's. Sevice Provides provide this service to you.. and you seek this service. I've Hosted Part-Time, keep a Full-Time Job.. And I've also Hosted Full Time.. This being my Only Income. I've Called in Sick to work (may times) to Accomodate Clientele. Not because I had too, because I wanted too. I've called in Sick to work, if I had a Bill (s) due Asap, Why? Because I earn more hosting than I did working. Gents love it, when the SW is available, the more she's available the better for most .. Correct. There are Many Sp's that this is their only income, they are also many the Hosting is a 2nd income.. Either way, most will Suffer during this time. This is all just beginning.. Imagine if this last 1/2/4 Months... A Homeless Shelter would have to be built just for Service Provides. There are many of us that this Hobby is a Secret.. To families and friends. It's our Secret, just like Hobbing is your Secret. Some can't explain to Family and friends why all of a Sudden the Hardship.😬 This isn't the time to be Judging weather SW's are still working or not. This isn't the time to be Judging weather the pay taxes or not and quality for EI. EI, Omg... Which pays not quite Half .. They will still be in HardShip. I know it's not only Sevice providers that will experience Hardship during this time.. Lots will be. We are "All in this Hobby Together"..... Most of us gives when we, share... Even when times are tough. A lot of us know how it is.. When times are tough, and reach out (when possible) to try and help or less the Burden a bit. Anyways, I  haven't said all I want to.. But I'll short this up some. 

Yes, myself.. I'm in France. A visit that was planned a whole ago. I knew the virus was going on. Although, a few days after leaving NB, everything was changing very quickly. I've decided to stay in France my Duration.. Why Travel/Fly and take the risk. I'm Safe & Virus free here.. (So far) France is on Lock Down (Strict) but so is NB I hear.. Maybe not quite like France but it may be coming. When I do return to NB/Canada.. Yes, I know I'll have to be in Self Isolation for 2 weeks. Yes, I'm not Hosting right now.. While in France.. But after Self Isolation in NB (2 weeks) I don't have a Choice but to host. Yes, Hosting will be Current Clientele Only (depending on the Virus Situation). Yes, we care about our Health and Yours and will take/do what precautions we need too. This is No Time to be Judging, Arguing on What's .. What. Can you really Judge someone still trying to Live. 

Go on Twitter and See For Yourself... It's a Darn Nightmare for many.. This is just the Beginning. 

Stay Safe Everyone xoxo's💋

• Like 1

Thank you "Metalsmith"!😘I'm Isolated,Safe & Virus Free 🙂 ... 

You stay safe & sanitized 

xoxo's👄