Are you concerned about Erin O'Toole?

12 hours ago, Greenteal said:

What needs to be reviewed is not the campaign, but the leadership race itself. It's no secret some parties will purposely forfeit an election to keep resources for a campaign with real chances of a majority. But not sure I ever seen it done when they were seriously ahead. 

Hopefully the next election won't be before four years and this sh!t show won't repeat itself.

My guess, campaign review is code word for leadership review. Scheer won two more seats and he lost the leadership. O'Toole must see as party leader he's circling the drain right now

A Political Rambling

RG

3 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

My guess, campaign review is code word for leadership review. Scheer won two more seats and he lost the leadership. O'Toole must see as party leader he's circling the drain right now

A Political Rambling

RG

When they choose Scheer they had no clue "Trudeaumania" would dissipate so quickly. When the election happened, they were totally unprepared to run a real campaign.

But for O'Toole they had no excuses. Many were asking for his resignation because of his progressive positions. And that was way before the election was called. They can't choose a hardliner, but can certainly find someone the average Canadian can recognize and get behind.

The plan was likely to sit that one out in order to take advantage of a liberal meltdown at the next election, but this was winnable. Maybe not enough for a solid majority, but enough for major gains.