I had my doubts that Bettman and Co. would allow it, but I for one am thrilled to see the NHL return to Wiinnipeg. I still remain loyal to my own team but feel the people of Winnipeg deserve this for their years of patience and determination. Congrats Winterpeg! Here's hoping they seal the deal by renaming them the Jets (the NHL has already given them permission). Great to see David win over Goliath now and then.

Guest o*****24

The Jets have come home. The Cup is scheduled to return. Now we need the Nordiques to return, and all will be right with the NHL again.

Oh, and Bettman can step down too.

Guest S**a*Q

LIKE! & YAY!

It's just one more Canadian Team for me to cheer for! Hooray!

I'm still having trouble accepting this as reality. it's been so long!!! I can't freakin' wait for tickets to go on sale for next season! the moose (the AHL team currently playing in Winnipeg) are great and all, but seriously... NHL!!! w00t!!!

I wonder how this is going to affect the structuring of the divisions...

Being a transplanted Winnipeger, very excited for the city. I'll definitely be buying tickets when they play in Ottawa!! Too late to re-align the division for this year but next year they will likely be in a division with the Western Canadian teams and Minnesota. It will be great to see some of the old rivalries re-ignite and the white-outs return to Wpg. Now if they could only sign Selanne to a contract before he retires!!!!

What a hockey day in Canada. Game 1 in Vancouver vs the hated Bruins, and the NHL back in Winnipeg.

I hope that the city and province can support the team financially and make it a success.

Good for you Winnipeg.

Very pleased for the fans in Winnipeg, and of course it is great for the game itself to welcome back a team to Canada and the NHL.

Although it is one of the smallest markets in the NHL, Winnipeg has secured themselves a very strong ownership group with deep pockets which is a good thing.

Why? They would be able to handle revenue loses if it happens. The good thing from what I have been reading is that the economy is strong right now in Winnipeg,so hopefully they(population) will support the team.

The arena only holding 15,000 seats, and they are looking for 13,000 tickets to be sold for next year, hoping that every game would be a sell out. I think I heard for the lowest pair of season tickets, based over 3 years was around $10,000.00.

The former Atlanta team also has one of the lowest payrolls, and if the new team in Winnipeg owners feel like spending some big bucks on July 1st for free agents they have lots of cap room, to sign a few players. This could lead to a strong team on the ice.

It should be interesting from a huge hockey fan perspective(ME),how this works out for Winnipeg, instant success as a team? sell outs? new name? NHL draft? NHL free agents? Division alignment?

Anyways good for WINNIPEG!!! I'm happy they are back! :)

Oh one last thing...about Bettman he comes across like a pompous ass and is one, but in all sincerity the man does know the business.

Woohoo!!! i grew up watching them since im originally from wpg, i havent watched any other team since they left... so yay!!!

I've been amused by Bettman's attempts to use this to reform his image in Canada. Aside form looking more like he was constipated than happy at the press conference announcing the move, and his atttempt to throw cold water on the parade ("if this building isn't full every night, this won't work"), all the evidence points to his contempt for Canada regardless of what he says. I sincerely hope the people of Winnipeg sell our every home date for the next three years, just to add insult to his injured pride.

Very pleased for the fans in Winnipeg, and of course it is great for the game itself to welcome back a team to Canada and the NHL.

Although it is one of the smallest markets in the NHL, Winnipeg has secured themselves a very strong ownership group with deep pockets which is a good thing.

Why? They would be able to handle revenue loses if it happens. The good thing from what I have been reading is that the economy is strong right now in Winnipeg,so hopefully they(population) will support the team.

The arena only holding 15,000 seats, and they are looking for 13,000 tickets to be sold for next year, hoping that every game would be a sell out. I think I heard for the lowest pair of season tickets, based over 3 years was around $10,000.00.

The former Atlanta team also has one of the lowest payrolls, and if the new team in Winnipeg owners feel like spending some big bucks on July 1st for free agents they have lots of cap room, to sign a few players. This could lead to a strong team on the ice.

It should be interesting from a huge hockey fan perspective(ME),how this works out for Winnipeg, instant success as a team? sell outs? new name? NHL draft? NHL free agents? Division alignment?

Anyways good for WINNIPEG!!! I'm happy they are back! :)

Oh one last thing...about Bettman he comes across like a pompous ass and is one, but in all sincerity the man does know the business.

If you thought he looked constipated at the press conference, he was looking very bloated last night in his interview with Peter Mansbridge following the game late last night, he is truly a pompous ass. I hope as well the Winnipeg'ers sell out every game. :)

I've been amused by Bettman's attempts to use this to reform his image in Canada. Aside form looking more like he was constipated than happy at the press conference announcing the move, and his atttempt to throw cold water on the parade ("if this building isn't full every night, this won't work"), all the evidence points to his contempt for Canada regardless of what he says. I sincerely hope the people of Winnipeg sell our every home date for the next three years, just to add insult to his injured pride.

Apparently the franchise is unlikely to be called the Jets due to the fact that it would cost additional money. Nicknames include the "Poohs". Good luck the Winnipeg Whatevers!