Cash rolls in for sex

Guest tr*****e

This link gave me an Error 404 - Page Not Found message. I'll try to find another link.

Something that caught my eye...

Is what's implied true? Or is it just that POWER doesn't happen to have spoken to the guy interviewed for this article when they raised these things?

I can't say for sure if we've spoken to that particular fellow, but we've definitely been in contact with Vern White a number of times prior to this.

Sorry but link clicking is very problematic for me, so I will copy for those like me lol.

Additional Comments:

The reporter makes a point, and emphasizes with repetition, something that seems false:

For one thing, last time I checked, no one hires a pimp. And this mis use of the actual law and this term is basically a direct attempt to discredit everything they couldn't discredit because the sp didn't say anything they could actually use against her and any sex worker. So they decided to reinvent what the actual law terms used? I don't think there was anything in the actual overturned laws that justify calling anyone a pimp and they would have been better to simply use the actual law wording and let others draw their own conclusions.

This annoyed me as well--though I think he's confused and thinks managers and pimps are the same thing.

I can't say for sure if we've spoken to that particular fellow, but we've definitely been in contact with Vern White a number of times prior to this.

Thanks, Berlin - that's good to hear. I couldn't quite believe that you guys hadn't been in touch with LE at all.

Maybe our Acting Deputy Nothing-Much is just unaware you went over his head :)

Thanks, Berlin - that's good to hear. I couldn't quite believe that you guys hadn't been in touch with LE at all.

Maybe our Acting Deputy Nothing-Much is just unaware you went over his head :)

We've had contact with LE numerous times, particularly regarding the sweeps in Hintonburg and Vanier, etc. As a result of the research we published in December, the Human Rights Commission was called in to investigate the alleged abuse of sex workers at the hands of Ottawa police and we were in contact then and they could have spoken with us. Instead, they opted for a PR campaign: rather than make actual changes to policy, they've simply hired a social worker to be present at the station after they've done sweeps to help talk to the women. And that is supposed to somehow make everyone forget about the awful shit they've done.