Sign in to follow this  

Learning from the past

Having a lot of time on my hands and out of boredom a few days ago I decided to take a look back at this industry over the past few years (8). Now this was done for my own benefit as I strive to always learn. I search several sites including this one and I found it fascinating. Many familiar names that I see now were active then also, both SWs and clients. However  many have moved on. I found the interaction between  groups were quite respectful and cooperative  even while competing.

One aspect of the business  that seem to have gotten  worse in the last 3 years or so is the issue  with no shows, late, contacting often without  booking ( time wasters) . This led to another practice that was not mentioned  often before was that of deposits. And more and more they becoming a must.

Not sure why but the attitude of clients has changed. They seem to be somewhat  less respectful.  Fortunately  not all as I am SWs can attest but many have. I get that mostly from reviews and discussions  I have read. Some reviews were actually  a waste of time reading. I don't  think a play by play description  of the visit is a review. Also the wording of these shows a lack of respect for the lady. This seems  to be a trend where clients  view providers as a commodity or another tool in the tool box. They forget that SWs are women (mostly) who are willing to share some time with a client

Anyway this has also led to the ladies losing respect and trust for clients.

However, this is not a general trend  and I  was glad to conclude that we continue to have a good industry going for us. One where both clients and SWs can enjoy time with each other and feel safe and respected  and appreciated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2