Sign in to follow this  

Posting, Comments, Reputation, Recommendation - how tallied?

I am new here a few weeks. I started a few threads, and had a total "content" count of 10 when I posted a recommendation two hours ago. I was scolded for doing so without having already posted 5 posts?

1) I can't find the rule saying that is not allowed, or at least, stating how a member reaches the permitted threshold.

2) My content count led me to believe that I had reached that threshold.

3) I am also puzzled by reputational points, noting that some members with only 2 comments have 1000 points. 

4) Where are these things explained? I have been looking.

5) Is it just me, or have other new members had teething pains?

6) I have found LYLA Invaluable at helping me avoid scammers, and want to be a positive community member.

4 hours ago, Orpheo12 said:

1) I can't find the rule saying that is not allowed, or at least, stating how a member reaches the permitted threshold.

2) My content count led me to believe that I had reached that threshold.

There used to be a clear moderated period for new members. Posts needed approval from admins/mods before being visible. Normally take between 5 or 10 posts to become regular member, but often left at the discretion of the admins. Also, recommendations are NOT reviews. Due to current laws, the description of explicit services are not allowed.

3) I am also puzzled by reputational points, noting that some members with only 2 comments have 1000 points. 

Reputation points are based on other members reactions. "Like", "Thanks"....

4) Where are these things explained? I have been looking.

5) Is it just me, or have other new members had teething pains?

You can read the rules and this forum for help and useful information:

F.A.Q - Lyla

New to this? Things you should know... - Lyla

6) I have found LYLA Invaluable at helping me avoid scammers, and want to be a positive community member.

This board and other similar websites won't prevent you from getting scammed if you meet providers without posted feedback. The recommendations forums are for that purpose but doesn't guarantee you'll be fully satisfied. When multiple members confirm someone legitimacy, the more credible it becomes. Can also contact members privately for more specific questions.

If used as a reference tool , you can find a lot of useful information and feedback. Depends on your expectations and how you use it.