I am in the preliminary stages of planning a sleepover. I'd like to take this lady out for dinner as part of the encounter (btw she is fine with this, I did ask)

Can any Toronto ladies (and gentlemen) give me some suggestions for a good restaurant in Toronto to take a lady (me, the Keg is my idea of a good restaurant, but I'm a steak and potatoes type of guy)

I'm going to be staying out in the west end near the airport so closer to that end of Toronto is preferable

Saw one restaurant, checked the menu, prices not listed...you know the old adage, if you have to ask how much, you can't afford to eat here LOL

Thanks in advance

RG

Do you know what type of food she likes? I don't eat out at the airport area often as I find the food selection limited so my knowledge of the area is a bit limited as well, but there are a few places that go from decent to excellent depending on how far you want to travel and what your budget is. (as well as how adventurous your palate is) ;)

Also are you looking for something comparable to the Keg in price but with a different atmosphere or are you flexible on budget but looking for something that is still a steak and potatoes kind of meal?

These are both in Etobicoke so it's a bit of a taxi ride but rarely are you walking in the airport area and they are both well reviewed popular restaurants.

Sushi Kaji - http://www.sushikaji.com/

Via Allegro - http://www.viaallegroristorante.com/

I'd also check the Toronto Life Dining Guide, it can be very useful. :)

http://www.torontolife.com/restaurants/

Edited by Kyra.Graves
forgot to add the TL link
  • Like 1

Guest e**m***h

Hey Roamingguy,

In my own opinion, the sexiest restaurant in Toronto is Joso's. Especially if you like fish (the prawns could give just about anyone who likes seafood an orgasm). A bit far out of your way though because it is central. On the other hand, may be worth it. Good luck!

http://www.josos.com/

Guest High***d****an-Can***

You may not be able to eat somewhere in the airport area (I used to live in that area and there isn't much available to impress a lady). If you want to go somewhere nice, but not too far, check out Mississauga.

I suggest going to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. It's one of the nicer places in Mississauga, so you can bring your date, and it also fulfills your "steak and potatoes" personality! If not, there's a great sushi restaurant across the street.

But I agree with Kyra when she asks if you are aware of her eating preferences. If she's Vegan... the steakhouse is not a good idea.

If you decide to go there, hope you have fun.

Well she let me know she is a meat eater...and no, no jokes

So some advice from the ladies (gentleman's input also appreciated)

Is the Keg ok, or would a more upscale steakhouse be appropriate for the dinner date aspect of the sleepover

Thanks in advance

RG

I am not sure if this is late or not. However, The Octagon, I believe is close to the airport. They have excellent service and fabulous food ;)

• Like 1