Well, never send a deposit to an advertiser without recommendations at least 😇😋

Trouble is, as we can see here on Lyla, there are MANY reputable providers that also ask for deposits! If you can spot the difference, you won't be missing out or getting scammed.

The difference is reputable providers that ask for deposits, at minimum have solid recommendation threads, like myself.  Some also have websites and tour dates and have been verified and are long standing members of sites like this one. 

Surely a better rule of thumb would be to properly check recommendations/validity before making a deposit with a prospective provider. If you want to find a real provider you really like, that is, while avoiding getting scammed. Don't just take shots in the dark!

P.S. my deposits are via amazon gift card and as such, is 100% anonymous for both parties and will be returned in the event that I have to cancel.

Edited by Sugar Kayne
Excuse the double posting! I forgot to quote lol

On 4/15/2023 at 6:49 AM, outsider said:

People!!  Never send a deposit!   

Just now, Sugar Kayne said:

Well, never send a deposit to an advertiser without recommendations at least 😇😋

Trouble is, as we can see here on Lyla, there are MANY reputable providers that also ask for deposits! If you can spot the difference, you won't be missing out or getting scammed.

The difference is reputable providers that ask for deposits, at minimum have solid recommendation threads, like myself.  Some also have websites and tour dates and have been verified and are long standing members of sites like this one. 

Surely a better rule of thumb would be to properly check recommendations/validity before making a deposit with a prospective provider. If you want to find a real provider you really like, that is, while avoiding getting scammed. Don't just take shots in the dark!

P.S. my deposits are via amazon gift card and as such, is 100% anonymous for both parties and will be returned in the event that I have to cancel.

I didnt mean to target all providers.  You're right about checking for references.   Leolist providers in most cases are fake or sketchy.   I would never send a deposit to a lady i've never met before.   As for sending a deposit to you Sugar, Amber and Emily R. , you are the only 3 ladies I would send one so far if needed.  

• Thanks 1