Who's gonna welcome me to Halifax?

Newie to Lyla and the Maritimes, PLEASE tell me all the things 😋 

Where are the must visit, must eat at restaurants, bar and live music venues in Halifax?

Feel free to throw in some museums and art gallery recommendations Im beyond excited for my visit, hope to meet yall soon 

xoxo

Welcome to the city!

I guess first we would need to know what kind of food you enjoy before making restaurant suggestions.

And also what sort of music you prefer and what sort of bar vibe, as that can really make a difference.

We have the art gallery of NS, the natural history Museum, museum of the Atlantic, citadel hill, for some of the museum and history spots.

Natural history I find a little dull unless they are doing an event, and citadel hill is really only if you enjoy old timey military things, but the art gallery often has some pretty great visiting exhibits. 

• Like 1

First of thank you 😍

Well I guess it wouldn't be a good Maritime trip without quality seafood otherwise anything that's aromatic and full of flavours 😋 Im a foodie with a wide palate. 

ooh I haven't been out much this year so thats a good question, lets see... how about a local hole thats unpretentious with good live music of any genre, super nice people with a large section of single malts 🤓 

I'll check out the museums near my hotel to see if they have any events this week. 

On 9/18/2023 at 3:16 PM, Alexia Woodroe said:

First of thank you 😍

Well I guess it wouldn't be a good Maritime trip without quality seafood otherwise anything that's aromatic and full of flavours 😋 Im a foodie with a wide palate. 

ooh I haven't been out much this year so thats a good question, lets see... how about a local hole thats unpretentious with good live music of any genre, super nice people with a large section of single malts 🤓 

I'll check out the museums near my hotel to see if they have any events this week. 

The Press Gang fits both your seafood and single malt interests, but might straddle the upscale/pretentious line. 

Stillwell and Lot Six are always a good vibes, the Carleton is a great spot for live music, and The Canteen and Cheeky Neighbour Diner are sneaky good outside of the downtown core.

If you want to venture into fine dining, I've been pretty impressed with Oxalis and Highwayman. I'll throw a reco out there for Gio as well - while they aren't as trendy as all the new kids on the block, I've never had a bad meal at one of Halifax's long standing classics.

Welcome to Halifax!

• Like 1