Great thread, great points. I have flirted with the idea..ok who am I kidding, I'm flirting with the idea right now! . . . . .

I am thinking of going to Miami for a few days December 13/14th to the 17th. Write in the morning, shop in afternoon, dinner and clubs in the evening?

Does this interest anyone?

Guest f***2f***
I am thinking of going to Miami for a few days December 13/14th to the 17th. Write in the morning, shop in afternoon, dinner and clubs in the evening?

Does this interest anyone?

yes i'd love to go!

The stereotype is true. I have two "friends with benefits" that are flight attendants and they are twins. And, yes they are real and they are magnificent. Have not seen them lately but the memories are fresh. I love layovers.

hey did i tell you I'm a flight attendant without a plane...hahaha

Guest i***k***

I'm planning a trip early in '09 and have contemplated bringing along a beautiful lady as well. I personally think it would have to be one I've know for awhile and connect with.

I remember the good ol' days when one had casual lady friends who would LOVE if you offered to bring them on a trip, and extras were not only assumed, but they expected them ) Return from the short trip, and all continues as it was before, except for the secret smiles.

Not sure if you're taking my suggestion OlderGuy69, but the point is that you know them ahead of time (and know you get along with them) Not sure you'll get many bites to go to Cuba with a stranger, for just the cost of a ticket. A good SP could work one night and make the cash for a nice little trip to cuba, and get to go with whomever they want. They're just as likely to want to dump you there, and find their own fun ( not sure I could blame them no?)

But West Jet and many of the American Companies have some very attractive flight attendants, and the most of the european companies are very nice (but maybe its the accents)

Most of the domestic Germany carriers are not so good at that :mrgreen:

But yes, most EU flight attendants are nice so as some Asian ones.

Not sure if you're taking my suggestion OlderGuy69, but the point is that you know them ahead of time (and know you get along with them) Not sure you'll get many bites to go to Cuba with a stranger, for just the cost of a ticket. A good SP could work one night and make the cash for a nice little trip to cuba, and get to go with whomever they want. They're just as likely to want to dump you there, and find their own fun ( not sure I could blame them no?)

Yep. I believe any good SP would want to make at least as much per day as she could make at home each day per hour, plus some extra for the travel time, plus all expenses paid. Not a cheap deal if you want to travel "first class".

come on!! You don t want to bring your oranges to florida (if you know what i mean) just taste the local products loll

I travel alot - 140-200 flights a year. Much of this is often to boring places with no time for play but sometimes I get to visit cool places that I want to explore, preferably with someone. Lately, I have been tasting the local delicacies but I wonder what your opinions are of bringing someone with me.

Guys - any experience and/or opinions.

Ladies - what has been your experience? How do you charge? What prompts you to accompany a fellow.

I've been a travel buddy on several occasions and it has worked out well and not so well. I'm sure I could go on forever on this topic but here's a few points. :)

Situation 1 - The Freebie

If a client knows me and knows my interests they can often suggest destinations that hold a particular interest to me. As an example a client registered me for a conference that was only open to industry professionals that he knew I'd be really interested in (it was in pharmacology - of which I have an interest but do not work in) so he sponsored me and I went with him at no cost. That's certainly not the norm but I recongnized it was an opportunity that I likely would not come across again.

Situation 2 - The true GFE

I had seen a client on and off for over 2 years, we always met in my city though he frequently travelled for work. It was suggested at one point that we start meeting at his various work destinations. I would fly in often before him and would handle the check in, he knew my real name and I'd often relax by the pool waiting for his arrival (he came from the west and I from the east). We'd spend the night and then in the morning he'd run off to meetings, I'd play housewife during the day, go get a manicure, hair done, etc. and when he came back from work I'd have a scotch neat and room service waiting, sometimes just to be cute I'd even put a little 50's style dress on and apron that I'd pack. :-D We'd spend a couple days and nights like that and then be on our separate ways. We have since parted ways and it's been a few years, he's now married and doing well but we have remained friends. His now wife thinks I'm his ex-girlfriend and I guess in a way I was.

Situation 3 - :evil:

Had a client that wanted to go on a vacation south for a week. I agreed, we set a price and all was a go. I had met him 4 times previously and we'd had a good time so I felt things would be fine. Seems I hadn't sourced his expectations of the trip well enough, he was drunk long before we arrived, actually fell down in the airport (I was so embarrassed) then he starts trying to take his pants off in the hallway saying lets get started now. Hotel security had to remove him as other guests complained and as you all know it takes a lot in destination resorts to get removed for being too drunk and belligerent. Fortunately I had negotiated an open ended ticket back so I was only out a day of my time and suffered a bit of embarrasment. Always know your travel buddy.

I know a client that had the reverse happen to him, he took an SP he'd been seeing to Mexico and found out after they arrived that she had smuggled cocaine on the plane with her. :shock:

I repeat always know your travel buddy!

come on!! You don t want to bring your oranges to florida (if you know what i mean) just taste the local products loll

I agree but nobody said anything about not tasting the local produce - I just like dining companions that I know and trust - and then we have something to share and compare.

Westjet just launched direct Ottawa-Florida flights - $289 return. I know what I am doing with my weekend this winter.

I agree but nobody said anything about not tasting the local produce - I just like dining companions that I know and trust - and then we have something to share and compare.

Westjet just launched direct Ottawa-Florida flights - $289 return. I know what I am doing with my weekend this winter.

Ack! I have such a hard time flying Westjet, great prices but the seats are so small and there is so little leg room I am all cramped up after the first hour. I can't decide if it's worth it for the cost, I mean it's not like it's that blissful kind of torture, it's just painful.

Guest i***k***

I had seen a client on and off for over 2 years, we always met in my city though he frequently travelled for work. It was suggested at one point that we start meeting at his various work destinations. I would fly in often before him and would handle the check in, he knew my real name and I'd often relax by the pool waiting for his arrival (he came from the west and I from the east). We'd spend the night and then in the morning he'd run off to meetings, I'd play housewife during the day, go get a manicure, hair done, etc. and when he came back from work I'd have a scotch neat and room service waiting, sometimes just to be cute I'd even put a little 50's style dress on and apron that I'd pack. :-D We'd spend a couple days and nights like that and then be on our separate ways. We have since parted ways and it's been a few years, he's now married and doing well but we have remained friends. His now wife thinks I'm his ex-girlfriend and I guess in a way I was.

I'm jealous!!! :)

I've been a travel buddy on several occasions and it has worked out well and not so well. I'm sure I could go on forever on this topic but here's a few points. :)

Situation 1 - The Freebie

If a client knows me and knows my interests they can often suggest destinations that hold a particular interest to me. As an example a client registered me for a conference that was only open to industry professionals that he knew I'd be really interested in (it was in pharmacology - of which I have an interest but do not work in) so he sponsored me and I went with him at no cost. That's certainly not the norm but I recongnized it was an opportunity that I likely would not come across again.

Situation 3 - :evil:

Had a client that wanted to go on a vacation south for a week. I agreed, we set a price and all was a go. I had met him 4 times previously and we'd had a good time so I felt things would be fine. Seems I hadn't sourced his expectations of the trip well enough, he was drunk long before we arrived, actually fell down in the airport (I was so embarrassed) then he starts trying to take his pants off in the hallway saying lets get started now. Hotel security had to remove him as other guests complained and as you all know it takes a lot in destination resorts to get removed for being too drunk and belligerent. Fortunately I had negotiated an open ended ticket back so I was only out a day of my time and suffered a bit of embarrasment. Always know your travel buddy.

I know a client that had the reverse happen to him, he took an SP he'd been seeing to Mexico and found out after they arrived that she had smuggled cocaine on the plane with her. :shock:

I repeat always know your travel buddy!

Miss Kyra - you have a way with words.

I just skimmed over this thread briefly and it sounds like a lot of fun. However, I am not sure if it was mentioned or not but traveling with strangers is something I feel one should really think of all the possibilities before venturing down this path. I have vacationed with a few clients in the past and had some wonderful times. Then there was the time?.I had a regular client who I saw about once a month for 3 years and I knew his full name, where he lived and the business that he owned. Figured there would be no issues. He was also a heck of a nice guy. Only when we were trying to leave the country I found out about his extensive criminal record. This put an end to our trip. It was not the best scenario to be in. Guys and gals really make sure you know who you are traveling with if you go! And even if you know them, their circumstances and behavior can change with stress, anxiety etc and you never know how they may cope. Please be careful.

Why thank you kind sir. *Miss Kyra curtsies blushes with a lady like grace.

:oops:

Well curtsie on over here, sit on my lap, let me look you in the eye and see those blushing cheeks, let me whisper in your ear that - fine lady you have peaked my interest on many levels. I like your aural stimulation - but we really should discuss each other's oral stimulation - and before anyone else reading this tells me to get a room - :mrgreen: - I am well ahead of said reader.

Miss Kyra, to be continued.....