I have a love/hate relationship with Clowns. I distinctly remember my dad taking me to a traveling carnival in the early 60s ... small town southern Ontario. Just about as seedy as you can get!!

girly shows,

freak shows,

game hawkers,

lurid billboards for rides,

gambling,

cotton candy,

giant hot dogs

The big tent with elephants, trapeze artists, horses.... and of course, the f**king clowns!

Imagine the steam organ grinding out the ever popular clown theme. The face paint, the painted smiles - jeez they were creepy. At the same time, they put on a good show just as insane as some stuff in "I love Lucy". What is it about these crazy bastards that creep kids out huh?? Sort of like Santa Clause.

I say we should do away with 'em and move on. Why do we keep these images around. Am I wrong? - do a google of John Wayne Gacie

Guest k***na

Personally, I have been scared of clowns since I was younger. Not so much now, but they sure do creep me out still!

Personally, I have been scared of clowns since I was younger. Not so much now, but they sure do creep me out still!

I am with you. They creep the hell out of me

this-evil-clown-2-paint.jpg&sa=X&ei=vs9zTr7MC4vI0AGfw73SDQ&ved=0CAcQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGmCfDQS4h3BCSxl-AbruyAnUs4Fw

I think that is the reason why I jump in my bed when I go to the bathroom at night. I am scared that they may eat my feet

Yeah I have a hate/hate relationship with Clowns...it's all "It"'s fault. Tim Curry played that part to perfection....damn him. That movie scared the living crap out of me

pennywise.gif

Yeah I have a hate/hate relationship with Clowns...it's all "It"'s fault. Tim Curry played that part to perfection....damn him. That movie scared the living crap out of me

pennywise.gif

....go to hell. I swear I thought it was getting closer to the screen.

pennywise.gif

Yeah!

I've been a fan of Tim Curry ever since Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Fun fact. By ratio of applicants to positions, the Barnum & Bailey Clown College is harder to get into than Harvard Law.

There's got to be something seriously wrong with someone who picks "clown" as a career choice.......seriously....what was their guidance counselor smoking??

There's got to be something seriously wrong with someone who picks "clown" as a career choice.......seriously....what was their guidance counselor smoking??

It's a hard job. Way more acrobatics, physical exertion and fine muscle control than funny shoes and flowers that spray water. Penn Jillete went to clown college. So did Steve-O from Jackass.

Not to mention

So did Steve-O from Jackass.

Yeah because who doesn't want to grow up to be like Steve-O? :p

He makes a lot of money for doing something he loves :p I bet when he wakes up in the morning he always loves his "job". Who wouldn't want that? Now that being said I don't know if I'd ever want his job but to each their own haha

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Yeah because who doesn't want to grow up to be like Steve-O? :p

Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting him up as a nutsack-stapling role-model, but more as a counterexample to the bigwig/tinycar stereotypical clown. :)

Better example: Academy Award nominee David Strathairn.... (Good Night And Good Luck) ;)

....go to hell. I swear I thought it was getting closer to the screen.

If it's any consolation after reading your post I went back and looked again and I think you're right.....it IS getting closer! ....Christ, now I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight..

Guest **cely***r***ne

Why? That is all I have to say.....why a thread about clowns? They are too freaky.

Guest k***na

Everything seems to turn into boobies!

Additional Comments:

but they are still kinda creepy!

Everything seems to turn into boobies!

Additional Comments:

but they are still kinda creepy!

Clowns are creepy or boobies are creepy??? I have to disagree with the creepy boobies thing... they are awesome!

Yep. That sure is the visual equivalent of an oxymoron.

The clown head freaks me out,

but the rest entices me.

Isn't there a German word for that?