It takes a strong man to admit to weakness. I wish you the best of luck with your recovery.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Guest **cely***r***ne

WOW!

Way to go hun! I am sorry you had a relapse, I know that feeling all to well, and it is a bad one :( Please, do not ever give up! You are stronger than any substance, and the feeling of self defeat is weak.

Im proud that you went to a meeting! I have found out, even that is not easy :( But I stood there, and I said it. I am an alcoholic.

It was simple. And I am now about to begin a journey with great struggles. But remember, we are stronger than whatever is thrown at us, because we believe in ourselves. We have to.

Ottawaadventurer, listen to Angel's advice. She's wise beyond her years. Hang in there my friend. We all fall down but we can always get back up again.

Edited by castle

Good for you!

As to AA, sounds like you're admitting that your life has become unmanageable but not quite yet that you're powerless over alcohol.

Step 1 dude ... good luck and very best wishes.

It's okay you 'fell off the wagon'. It happens. But don't let it keep you from regaining control of your sobriety. You can do it and we're all behind you. :)

• Like 1

Thanks all.

Believe me - I do know I am powerless over alcohol. Once I have that first drink, I can no longer control anything. I have tried and failed time and time again.

CERB is an odd place to gain strength in this battle, but then again, maybe not. There are a lot of special, selfless people here.

I am humbled and grateful.

• Like 1

You're more powerful than you think. The trick is to find and tap into that power. Good luck!

Posted via Mobile Device

could not give you reputation points, I guess I did recently so I'll say it here. We are the ones that should be grateful for you sharing this personal issue with us and hey we all fail more than once, the important thing is not to give up and not to loose hope. Is nice that people on cerb and our posts give you strength but the biggest motivation should be you :) xx

Thanks all.

Believe me - I do know I am powerless over alcohol. Once I have that first drink, I can no longer control anything. I have tried and failed time and time again.

CERB is an odd place to gain strength in this battle, but then again, maybe not. There are a lot of special, selfless people here.

Thanks all.

Sounds positive! Not to go through this blow by blow, but hopefully you located your prior sponsor or find one at the AA meeting.

BTW, they make some darn good root beer these days! (smile)

I won't let this threat become a recovery log... Don't worry! Yup - went to my old home group last night, got a temporary sponsor, bought some extra strong ginger ale..

Yesterday was tough but I fell asleep last night (as opposed to passing out And woke up hopeful. Lunch meeting today. As they say, bring the body to meetings and the mind will eventually follow!

Thanks for checking in.

PMs welcome, but I won't bore people here with the rest of my voyage.

• Like 1

I wish you all the best. You seem like a strong man to me! I know you can beat this. The benfits of wining will push you ahead. I will be thinking of you.

Sending you love and hugs my friend.