Does anyone else's work life revolve around a Blackberry?

My BB service died sometime between 11 pm and midnight last night. Therefore, no work for me today. I could go in and hang around on the off chance something comes up but I'm not in the mood today for that.

The "official" Blackberry Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/#!/BlackBerry) consists of hourly postings on the order of "Crap, still down. Working on it" (my translation).

The two best things I've read on the topic to date are:

So nice of Research In Motion to honor Steve Jobs' passing with three days of silence.

and

What did one Blackberry say to the other?

Nothing.

So if any SPs, MAs, or clients are wondering why their BB has turned into a brick and haven't watched the news or gone to the web, that's what's (not) happening.

Additional Comments:

Have an #iPhone? Fancy turning it into a #Blackberry?

Settings > Airplane Mode > On.

This is the WORST !! I was wondering why my phone hasn't rang all day & only just saw a news clip about the blackberry crash .... Hopefully this doesnt last too long & everyone's phone is back up and running soon , if not everyone is going to have to invest in Nokia again .. Lol

The only thing I've noticed not working at all today is my facebookb app. I'm still getting text messages and still have internet access (been checking cerb all day :p ). Haven't tried calling anyone though.

Posted via Mobile Device

My phone and text were working today but no e-mail or internet. So I actually got a lot accomplished today.

I just tried a re-send and it still is coming back x. This has been 19 hours now. Not happy with any of my connections lately, including Bell.

Guest W***ledi*Time

Ronnie Corbett and Harry Enfield in a fruity sketch from BBC's The One Ronnie - "My Blackberry Is Not Working!"

The-One-Ronnie-Blackberry-Sketch.jpg

(Trying to hawk an "EggsBox360")

You beat me to it WIT I was just about to post that very clip!

I've been a blackbery guy for years now as it is required for work dating back to my first 3 line LCD blav and white text display! I'm certainly leaning to wards an iphone for personal use as I become more Mac-centric with my iPad, MacBook pro, and Mac mini for home and freelance work, everything Mac is great, like the MacBook wheel soon to be released....

I don't have one, but I understand thousands of people are actually having to call and speak with each other in order to communicate - the world is ending!

• Like 1

I don't have one, but I understand thousands of people are actually having to call and speak with each other in order to communicate - the world is ending!

The Horror, the horror!

My IT dept. Would not let me have an iPhone, insisting BB was safer. I. Can now have a fun discussion with them today!

CB