83-year-old man charged with prostitution

This article doesn't sense at all. The title says he was charged with prostitution, but doesn't specify what charge (solicitation? bawdy house?). Then when you read the article, it actually looks like he committed sexual assault.

so he was charged with soliciting himself then?...I agree with Megan, I think the focus should have been on the sexual assault as i doubt before this encounter he was working as a prostitute. ugh

Guest W***ledi*Time
This article doesn't sense at all. The title says he was charged with prostitution' date=' but doesn't specify what charge (solicitation? bawdy house?). ...[/quote']

Prostitution itself is illegal in Iowa. The state code is:

725.1 Prostitution.

A person who sells or offers for sale the person's services as a partner in a sex act, or who purchases or offers to purchase such services, commits an aggravated misdemeanor.

http://www.legis.state.ia.us/IACODE/1999SUPPLEMENT/725/1.html

Note that the article says he is charged both with prostitution and intent to commit sexual abuse.

I believe it was sexual assault, but he also propositioned for money, so that's probably why they busted him on that.