I wanted to be a psychologist or a bussiness owner. I have always wanted to help people. I will never go to school for psychology, however I am going back to be a youth worker. This is where I believe you need to start if you really want to help a person. Old habits die hard. Which is why you get better results if you atart helping while a person is young.

As for part two of my dream, I am going to get in real estate. Apartment rentals and ect.

I wanted to be a psychologist or a bussiness owner. I have always wanted to help people. I will never go to school for psychology, however I am going back to be a youth worker. This is where I believe you need to start if you really want to help a person. Old habits die hard. Which is why you get better results if you atart helping while a person is young.

As for part two of my dream, I am going to get in real estate. Apartment rentals and ect.

To tie up two threads:

"Give me the child and I will give you the man" Loyola

CB

When I first read this thread and then any time someone would post I would get very frustrated by not being able to remember what I wanted to be when I was a kid and suddenly it just came to my mind. I used to tell my mom I would be a doctor to take care of her & dad when they got old.

I have no idea what I was thinking medicine is so not for me but the good thing is I now know I don't have to be a doctor to take care of them,, they are not old yet but I have a plan for when that day comes :)

What a wonderful, selfless take on this subject! You are obviously a very giving and caring person, bravo!

Makes my childhood dreams seem even goofier now! ;)

When I was very young, I wanted to live on the forest moon of Endor.. I thought I would get to ride speeder bikes and ruin AT-ST's with logs all day long, and then dance and sing the night away with Ewoks!

speeder-bike-kit-01.jpg

RoTJ154138bright20.jpg

From there, I decided in my pre-teens and early teens that I should be a pro wrestler... Because you know, being constantly away from home and getting groped by other dudes for a living is the perfect career path!

.... so after the shock at the loss of my dreams of being Homo Cavemanius, I decided that the next goal in life was to be a Frogman.

Now I hear you say, "Frogman? What the hell is that?"

Think of a scuba diver. Now think of a scuba diver that gets to blow shit up. Think of a scuba diver that gets to blow shit up, carry a spear gun with explosive tips and has an underwater scooter thing. That's a FROGMAN.

frogman.JPG

Now I can swim. No probs with that.

Problem? I kept thinking, what if you are on a mission, blowing shit up and wreaking havoc upon the enemy and you are on like a 24 hour underwater mission? (Remember I was a kid and didn't know the limited capacity of air tanks.) During a 24 hour mission you are going to get hungry. You are going to get thirsty (ironic huh?) You are going to need to go pee. But what if you need to, um... erm.... go poop? I mean you can pee in the ocean... (we all have, admit it.) But it's not like you can stop your mission, swim behind a rock and drop your scuba pants. I have seen vicious Moray eels... they could swim up and bite my bum.

So the Frogman dream died... and all because of ... ummm... number two.

When I was very young I wanted to be Batman. I even tried sliding down a rope and burned my hands. I realized I could not be Batman because I did not have all the gadgets.

A bit later I wanted to be a Hollywood stunt driver and that lasted for many years, until I had to get a real job.