Every once and a while I love looking up inspirational quotes of any sort. I find them uplifting and sometimes just what someone needs to make them smile!

I thought we could use this thread as a good spirit thread! I will start it off with one of my favorites.

"What you thought before has led to every choice you have made, and this adds up to you at this moment. If you want to change who you are physically, mentally, and spiritually, you will have to change what you think."

Dr. Patrick Gentempo

Wishing you and yours a wonderful day ;) xox

• Like 4

One that I like and have always remembered :

Courage does not always Roar.....sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying.....I will try again tomorrow :)

• Like 4

Oh wait....inspirational quotes..lol....sorry. I got a one track mind ;)

Ok here's one of my faves, it's more of a monologue than a quote....but it gets me every time.....from the movie Poolhall Junkies:

Never sell the bear's skin before the bear have been killed.

(Jean de La Fontaine)

You try to sell the Bear Skin on his Back.

[1721 Kelly Scottish Proverbs 376]

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

(One of my favorites)

• Like 1

This has always inspired me:

Man In The Arena

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

• Like 1

These of some of the sayings that keep me motivated and positive about life!

* If you don't have anything nice to say do not say it at all

* 1 step back is 2 steps forward

*This to shall pass

* Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

*Life is too short ....live each day as it is your last :)

*Do onto others as you would have them do onto you

*One day at a Time!

*Hard work pays off.....Nothing in life comes for free

• Like 1

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Additional Comments:

He should not be hitting you, Jenny.: Forrest Gump...:)

My favorite quote not sure if this is exact but you get the gist.

All it will take for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing.

Guest TheStrangerYouDo
Every once and a while I love looking up inspirational quotes of any sort. I find them uplifting and sometimes just what someone needs to make them smile!

I thought we could use this thread as a good spirit thread! I will start it off with one of my favorites.

"What you thought before has led to every choice you have made, and this adds up to you at this moment. If you want to change who you are physically, mentally, and spiritually, you will have to change what you think."

Dr. Patrick Gentempo

Wishing you and yours a wonderful day ;) xox

"Whether you think you can or you can't...you're right."

These are a couple paraphrased quotes, the exact quote eludes me right now and I don't feel like searching on Google

A man complained about having no shoes till he saw the man with no feet

Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement

RG

There are two ways to slide easily through life; to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking. Alfred Korzybski

"If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed."- David Viscott.

OOOOOOoooo did you just make 500?

CB

"Time's fun when you're having flies." -- Kermit the Frog

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants. -- A. Whitney Brown

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. -- F. P. Jones

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right. -- Ashleigh Brilliant

I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not! But I'm sick and tired of being told that I am! -- Monty Python

"We are all on the same road, all the twists and turns we are faced with I believe are tests. Some harder than others, but we choose our path and we then must deal with what we are faced. Having something to inspire us to keep going is essential in life." - our very own Penelope

Marriage is a romance in which the hero dies in the first chapter - Anonymous

When you marry your mistress you create a job vacancy -James Goldsmith

Alimony is the screwing you get for the screwing you got - Anonymous

"That's why you gotta dig down, because today's gone, and you can't get it back.....ever. Remember. It's one trip. There is no Heaven. There is no Hell. There's only here and now. So you gotta enjoy it....because tomorrow...it's gone." - Sylvester Stallone