No sex before the Big game

Did anyone else notice the coaches from the Bomber and the Lions skirting the question about no sex before the big game ?

Why are we so timid about that question? Both coaches more or less said that it doesn't matter that much. This was more or less up to the player.

Neither of these coaches deserve to win a grey cup !

Either they don't have balls enough to tell it like it is, or they have no grip on reality.

Come on guy, some reporter had enough guts to ask the question , for the sake of god , be honest.

Without a doubt it makes a difference. Football is an aggressive sport. Testosterone = aggresiveness in all mamals, and maybe everywhere.

Sexual satisfaction in males (read a few orgasms) lowers testosterone levels in males. (if it hasn't been proven already, it will be, mark my words). Personally I become a pussy cat ; and that isn't a bad thing, in everyday life. On game day, in a competition where agresssion is important, it is a free pass to lose.

The only thing that I will buy is that each coach is trying to phyc -out the other guy by saying that sex before the game doesn't matter. It damd well does!

If I am coach , it the locker room, I am saying this to my guys. " look guys, no sex for at least 3 days before the game. I don't even want you masterbateing. Got that !"

Is everone with me ?

It didn't take courage to ask the question. It is a grey cup tradition to ask this on the first media day, everyone has known for weeks the question was coming. Tell me the date of the 2025 grey cup and I will tell you the Wednesday before the coaches will be asked this. There is a fair amount of superstition in the answer....The Jim Hunt memorial question....

Whats in it for them? They're trying to win a game they've been going without sleep for a week watching film and you want them to take a bunch of crap for answering a stupid question? Answering questions candidly just gets you in a media shitstorm. Ask them next week I'm sure they'll be happy to answer. The coaches don't care about sex what they care about is their players out all night trying to get laid

Guest ***nsut***jr

It's a silly question.

Shouldn't the rule hold true for every other game as well?

I think coaches that try to dictate behaviour rarely get to the "big game".

These guys are pros and have been playing the game since they were kids and each has a different personality. They know what it takes to get prepared.

I would love to see a coach tell Baltimore's Ray Lewis when he could or could not get laid. Ha ha ha. That would be something. Not that he is aggressive or anything. LOL

Theo Fluery was was drunk, stoned, chasing ass and sleepless for most of his career and I think he was aggressive.

John Madden coached his way to the fastest 100 wins and a Super Bowl with a group of the most colourful and uncontrollable cast of players.

Besides that once you get beat up for a couple of quarters and the pain is nagging at you, I don't think it matters if you drained your balls the night before, I think it matters if you had any to begin with.

Just my two cents

J

My $.02. :)

Back in the day when I was playing college football I actually felt sex the night before a big game helped my performance.

I admit that I was one of those guys who would get very nervous/antsy before a big game. I would have a lot of trouble relaxing and sleeping the night before and thus was often not well rested for the game the next afternoon. If I had sex the night before it would put my mind on something else and relax me. I'd have a great sleep and play much better the next day. While not for everyone it worked for me.

Cheers