holy crap, I'm in Amsterdam(n)!

Hey everyone!

As those who know me know, I flew to England this past Friday and was supposed to be going all over. Ha. I spent three days in London, which was awesome, I love it there, even if it is so expensive. Then, I decided instead of going around England by myself, I'd go to the Netherlands and visit a friend, and he's been taking me around. It's much better with a guide. Haha.

I was disappointed to learn that I couldn't get a Portsmouth scarf (football/soccer) unless I actually went to Portsmouth, because the company that makes them only make their stuff or something, so it's not sold all over. Plus, they're a smaller club than say, Chelsea or Liverpool, who have tons of money and therefore you can get their stuff no matter where you are. No matter, I got a jersey anyways and it is awesome. Though, I really think England needs to add some more colours to its teams. Everything was either red or blue. Hahaha. Twas funny, when I was asking around about where I could find football stuff, some guys asked which team I was looking for and when I told them, they scoffed that Portsmouth was a crap team and I just replied, so why'd they win the cup last year then and their mouths fell open. I don't think they expected a Canadian and a woman no less to know about soccer.

I got into a shouting match with a drunk Englishman on the overnight bus to Amsterdam from London because he was talking and singing to himself and swearing up a storm at like 2 in the morning and I was trying to sleep and I asked him to be quiet and he didn't appreciate it that much. It went something like this:

me: could you be quiet please, I'm trying to sleep.

English dude: shut the fuck up

me: you shut the fuck up, people are trying to sleep

English dude: you've got some nerve speaking to me like that you fat American bitch, I've lived here for 25 years, I can't stand you fucking tourists who come here and think you can talk to me whatever way you want.

me: if you don't shut the fuck up, I'm going to tell the driver you've been drinking and get you thrown off. and I'm canadian, asshole

English dude: you fat cunt, I hope you rot in Amsterdam

He kept going on so I finally went up to the driver and told him what was going on, and a couple of the other male passengers had words with him on my behalf (aww, aren't they sweet, even the feminist in me loves when gents jump to my defense) and then when we were stopped at the border between Belgium and Holland for a break, the police ousted him off the bus and he was not happy. Hahaha, sucker, don't mess with Erin.

So I'm now in Utrecht and it is absolutely beautiful here. There is so much history and I've never seen so many bicycles and cyclists in my entire life. It is mad. I love all the cobbled streets and canals. And the frites (fries). whoever thought of putting mayo and satay sauce and onions on fries is an absolute genius. They were so good, I wish Canada had them. I'm totally going to attempt to recreate it back home, and I'm sure it wont' be the same, but it doesn't matter.

This afternoon, I'm meeting my friend in Amsterdam and he's going to take me around and I'm totally going to the sex museum and to see the hookers in the windows. Hahaha.

Oh and another thing, I did not realize how freaking tall Dutch people are until I was sitting on a bench by the canal and my feet didn't reach the ground. Hahaha.

That's all I've got for now, I'm having a great time and I'll have lots of stories/pictures for you when I return Nov. 1.

xoxoxoxo

Erin

Guest f***2f***

Ok but cut to the chase are you getting nailed by any interesting foriegn gents???:mrgreen: and yes we want the horny details!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Erin, your in my birth country, it is alot of fun...the bars,the women,the window shopping:-D...yes fond memories...great place to visit as the Dutch will treat the Canadians with much respect!

Hope you have a blast...when you sit outside the bars..you can smell in the air, people participating in smoking that funny stuff:mrgreen:

I have one thing to say: "*sigh!*.

(Loosely translated: "I am so jealous").

I *will* see you when you get back! Don't stop having fun.

Ya, I did my college at Highbury Tech in Portmouth and I was a supporter of Pompey (Portmouth) too for a few years and used to wear the scarf. They used to be in the third division at the time now I believe they work their way up all the way to the first division. The other thing I remember about Portsmouth is that it is a small but very clean and safe city and they have the most beautiful young girls in the world.

Ya, there are a number of drunken guys like that in England (a small minority but active) that they think because they are born there they have more rights than those who are not. Sometimes they go to foreign owned restaurants, order a whole bunch of food and then after they eat they refuse to pay, saying that the food and the restaurant should be theirs because they are born there!!!!. Luckily, after finishing my college (even though I personally was not the subject of discrimination because of my very fair skin), I decided to move and come to the best country in the world and do my higher education here where we (or our parents) are mostly immigrants and people are judged based on the size of their hearts rather than where they are born or how much money they have in the bank.

I have never been to dutchland but have heard good things about it. Someday I plan to visit former Soviet blocks and Eastern Europe (I hear Prague is the best place to visit now). Wish you great time in your trip Erin and hopefully after your return we can may be get together and talk about our common grounds (Pompey, England, etc.).

Really glad oyu are enjoying your trip and decided to wonder off in the Netherlands. I was in Amsterdam twice and truly enjoyed it. Yes I also did develop a taste for pomme frites with mayo although at first I was wondering what was that white stuff they were putting in the fries.

Of course what can be said about window shopping. Certainly different. Go see the windmills if you can. Well enjoy the remainder of your trip and I am looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Erin I am so glad you are having a good time, so many people have called for U it's CRAZY...

They are not the only one's to miss you cuz I MISS YOU SO MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

You are pretty much the only girl I have ever known that always has a great kick ass personality. Can't wait till you get back

Kisses Tracey...

I never had the chance to hit up Amsterdam when I was in Europe. It sounds like you're having a good time and will continue to have a good time.

I have to see those photogs when we meet up when you get back.