Questions: Leftovers!!!

hey everybody!

First of all thanks to everyone who has responded (very thoughtfully I may add) to my previous threads!

This question is much more silly! Here Goes!

So today I'm looking in my fridge. It has been the same since Christmas: Turkey, turkey stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, etc. I have been eating turkey for days, adding turkey to every meal of the day in what is usually a futile attempt to finish it all before having to throw it out (A tough task if you run out of stuffing or gravy first!) Leftover turkey is still delicious though and eating it always reminds me how lucky I am to be eating it, making me realize how fortunate I am in general!

So my question is what is your favorite food leftovers? Food that can be eaten cold and/or doesn't get gross in the microwave? Food that flawlessly pulls the double duty of being two separate meals?

Thank you all for your responses!

Soup or stew is always good- and often taste better on day two after the flavours have had a chance to mingle! I made a delicious peanut butter/sweet potato stew a while back. It was great for eating on its own with a side of veggies, or scooping up with pita bread. :D

Rice/grain dishes are good too, and you can also put them in pita bread for an easy sandwich.

I also like to make a LOT of salad and eat it over the course of several meals. Fruit salad is my favourite for breakfast, lunch, or dessert. Especially if it contains mango and/or pineapple.

Chili is great too. I put the leftovers in single serving containers and freeze them. Great meal in a pinch. The Yves "veggie ground round" works well in this if you are cooking for vegetarians too. Hard to tell the difference.

My favourite leftovers

turkey sandwiches (on pumpernickel bread, lots of mayo)

My homemade turkey noodle soup. And I make enough to put some in the freezer

Alas, this year since I was at the brother's house for Christmas dinner, got no leftovers, so no sandwiches, no soup

RG

Guest b***y1**4

With turkey it has to be club sandwiches.

My other favorite leftover is pasta of any kind..as Jule said above the flavour of the sauce just gets better the next day....homemade sauce of course