Ben Wa Balls

Guest W***ledi*Time

One of the recurring cycle of sexual fantasies that I've carried around in my head for decades now involves the ancient technology of Ben Wa Balls (or Burmese Balls).

Any erotic story that includes their use just somehow gets my juices flowing. When they get stuck in my mind, I wander around imagining them everywhere. I eye a lady walking down the street, or out on the dance floor, swaying her hips contentedly - and I imagine Ben Wa Balls clicking rhythmically with each swing. I imagine that the lady rocking gently back and forth in the rocking chair on the porch is also pleasantly jangling herself with each rock. I sit on the bus as it crashes and vibrates over potholes and imagine the lady across from me being inwardly clacked with each jolt.

I see them on the shelves at sex shops. There's all kinds, of different sizes, materials, and weights, some with strings atttached and some not (obviously the string can come in quite handy).

Does anyone here own/use Ben Wa Balls? If so, do you use them primarily as an exercise to strengthen PC muscles? Do you use them during sex? Do you use them for extended periods while you go about your daily life, just to enjoy the pleasant sensation? Vagina only? I imagine that the best type for use in a jog-about sort of situation would be the hollow ones with small beads or weights which roll around inside the balls, for added stimulation?

How do these balls actually feel? Do they work well in your experience, or is the idea more exciting than reality?

4-2.jpg?rnd=1314911307

129076307701987065.jpg

Interesting thread. I am curious about this as well WiT. I look forward to comments from the ladies about their Ben Wa experiences.

I understand that one or both balls may be used during sex. The balls can provided added stimulation to the penis (always good when wearing a condom) and the vagina as well.

Edited by Reddog01
deleted a word

I own a pair of them from Lelo I believe. They are silicone and have a little string at the end...Not in the past year or so but I use to sometime wear them for a couple of hours around the house just for the fun of it. I like how they feel when you walk, the feeling is strange (but really nice!) you need to get use to it thought.

They are also really go to strength kegel muscles.

I would not use them for sex, but for masturbation with a vibrator...hello!:D

• Like 1

This is a super thread WIT!

I have never used any ben wa balls but have always been curious as to what they felt like - in various situations! Looking forward to hearing your experiences and advice.....:icon_cool:

I have a pair- they were pretty cheap, hard plastic with a little marble inside. They feel really neat! I find the sensation subtle but very pleasant. They're definitely a fun incentive to dance! (As if I needed any other incentive to boogie.) The only problem is that since I purchased the cheap, hard plastic kind, I can hear the marble clicking around in there when I walk! It's not terribly loud, and I imagine it would sound louder to me since they are in my body and I'm slightly paranoid of people noticing and wondering wtf that clicking sound is emanating from my vagina, buuut- now I only wear them around the house. I think I'd like to get a pair that's better made, because the idea of wearing them around in public is pretty exciting!

• Like 2

Guest **cely***r***ne

Not only fun to walk around while they are inserted..I like the fact that they help with my kegels!

Mine are green, but look like this.....

AAAADMsW4q0AAAAAAbE6cg.jpg

They are heavy, silicone and fun fun fun! ;)

I hadn't clicked on this post cause I thought you were just talking about this guy

16641236-53d

Now I am all lathered up once I realized ....... wowzers ! Its hot in here ;)

16641237-8a0

I have a set of the silicone ones that Penelope posted. I love them! I wear them a couple of times a week, sometimes more, when I'm doing errands, walking the dog or doing housework. They're great for toning the kegels and they feel good, too, but not in a way that's overly distracting.

I've tried the small ones, like in the photo WiT posted. I didn't like them very much; they seemed a bit small. Then someone visited me and brought a pair of the "medicine balls" (also called "baoding balls") that can be found in a lot of health food stores and Chinese import stores.

320px-BaodingQigong.jpg

They're intended to be rotated in the palm of your hand, providing stimulation to a lot of accupressure points. They're larger than the ben wah balls, fairly heavy, and they have soft, lovely chimes inside them. I've acquired two more sets of them <ahem!> since then. They come in different sizes, some are laquered with painted designs on them. The small and medium sized ones are lovely. Put the pair inside a condom and tie a knot in the end. That becomes a very effective handle or drawstring for removing them later. If I'm already nicely aroused, a walk around the block becomes a wonderful thing. :icon_wink:

A set of these would make a nice little gift to give a lady. Take her for a walk. Be prepared for her to need to pause from time to time to bury her face in your neck while she tries to be unobtrusive as she climaxes!

Edited by SamanthaEvans
punctuation error!
  • Like 3

I have the silicone Lilo ones posted about above, and I don't mind them. I had a pair of small ones a few years back, but they left with an ex-girlfriend :/ I miss them ;)

Not only fun to walk around while they are inserted..I like the fact that they help with my kegels!

Mine are green, but look like this.....

AAAADMsW4q0AAAAAAbE6cg.jpg

They are heavy, silicone and fun fun fun! ;)

I have those!in pink...:D

We should have some errrrr fun together with them when you are back in Ottawa:D

Guest **cely***r***ne

Ok! Ill have mine with me too, perhaps a nice little jaunt around Byward Market? heh heh :p and then....my place or yours? LoL

I have those!in pink...:D

We should have some errrrr fun together with them when you are back in Ottawa:D

ben%20wah%20balls.gif

Guest W***ledi*Time

From my current reading - Nicholas Bornoff's Pink Samurai: An Erotic Exploration of Japanese Society (1991), pp.244-245:

Rin-no-tama (bell-balls) were popular items [in the era of the shoguns] and they still are ... the tiny balls were common in China, although perhaps not of Chinese origin. Van Gulik suggests rather drily that the Chinese were fond of ascribing foreign origin to their mechanical sexual playthings.... Either way, rin-no-tama probably made their way into Japan during the late fifteeenth century, for they were known and used in China during the Ming dynasty. They were also known to female libertines in eighteenth-century Europe, where they were literally translated from the original Chinese as 'Burmese Bells'. Alleged by the Chinese to be filled with blobs of saliva from a mythical Burmese bird, the little silver balls were thought to contain an aphrodisiac so powerful that it reached boiling point even from the heat in the palm of the hand, which set the bells vibrating.

Rin-no-tama were ingeniously fashioned from different metals. Both balls were made of silver, one containing a blob of mercury and the other a tiny tongue of copper. The balls do indeed vibrate even on the palm of the hand, and it is claimed that they admit a tiny sound like a high-pitched tuning fork - hence the idea of bells. Inserted into the vulva, as the woman swayed her body to and fro, the vibrations produced as they knocked together procured a whole gamut of sensations from pleasurable to ecstatic. In the O-oku [literally, 'great-indoors' - i.e. harem], perhaps they amply compensated for sufferings endured as a result of the shogun's neglect.

The Japanese also found the bells fun for both partners when inserted prior to sexual intercourse, for they could tickle the tip of the penis. No doubt influenced by the old Chinese idea that they were aphrodisiac, some men thought that the rin-no-tama increased potency. The notion survives rather curiously among the Japanese today...

4228527688_f20fc5c455_z.jpg

I too have been fascinated by these. As a side bar, the whole notion of a woman confident enough in herself to explore and enjoy such things is a real turn on. Thanks for sharing Ladies.

I believe they say that your muscles have to work harder to keep the smaller ones in- but then, for some people who already have strong kegels, it might not be that difficult at all.

Any suggestions for first timers....? Tiny or small? I wouldn't want to strain anything! ;)

It's a bit of a judgment call. The tiny ones make you work harder to keep them inside. The larger ones are heavier, and so you have to work harder to hold them, too, because of the weight. My kegels are in great shape, if I do say so myself; I prefer the sensations I get from the baoding balls. But none of them are very expensive, so experiment!

• Like 1