Knowing what I know now, if I had my life to live over again....

I would not have married my ex husband.

What would you change....

Sacha

Edited by sacha

so far... nothing yet, living for the moment.

mistakes are made, but not always a bad thing :) we learn from those and it makes us a better person!

• Like 5

I would have started in this lifestyle a long long time ago :-)

But looking back, I certainly am the person I am today not because of my successes, but my failures and hurdles I've had to overcome...how I learned from them and dealt with them made me the person I am today

RG

Guest **cely***r***ne

"Regrets aren't mistakes, they are memories made"....Adele

I truly believe in this. For all the mistakes I know I have made, I do not regret a single one. I have realized to take these mistakes and learn from them, and be smart enough not to make them again.

I try to never dwell on the past, as hard as it is sometimes, but am always looking forward to the future and learning as I go!

Not to be hypocritical, BUT if I was to change one thing, it would be to have taken better care of myself physically and mentally.

bullshit !

Grew up a farm boy Sacha ...seen enough bull shit in my day ;) hehe

For me I am a workaholic....so if I was to change things.....less emphasis on work and career and more on family and friends.... when I got to where I guess I wanted to be and had time for family my parents were aged and suffering, my nieces and nephews were almost adults when I moved back home and had the time .... and I really missed them growing up and getting to know them. Also many friendships have deteriorated.

Once again, bullshit. If you want to give the politically correct answer go for it!

Everyone has regrets .....

• Like 1

Honestly I think most people especially us older types have some regret. It's fashionable these days to say "live in the moment" and obviously in a perfect world we all could and would live in the moment all the time, but most struggle to really do so. I'm ok with a bit of regret but like most anything it's all about how one choses to handle said regrets. But eventhough I'm the glass is mostly full type...I acknowledge I have regrets and have tried to learn and grow from them.

Peace

MG

• Like 2

I probably would have become a doctor instead of a lawyer ... too many mind games with my colleagues. Really.

On the other hand, being a lawyer, people pay me to bullshit. :icon_wink:

And I agree with Sacha ... respectfully, many of you aren't answering the question! (smile)

• Like 1

To be totally honest my biggest regret is comming to Ottawa for a job that was offered and that I had not applied for and making it my career.

That and not travling more when I was younger.

To start over knowing everything I know now I would do everything differently. A chance at a second life with all new adventures!

Guest High***d****an-Can***

If I had to live my life over again.... I would have fought the bullies in high school

Lots of regrets.... but then again some of the regrets are blessings.

Wish I hadn't married the ex... but then again, I love my kids to death... and she was a part of that. If I could have had my same kids with anyone else... then for sure my marriage would have been a do over, or rather a do not do with her.

I wish I got to know my grandpa better. I loved him to death... he was a great funny man, but in fact, I never took the time when I was mature enough to understand to ask him about HIS life.

I wish I had been better at picking up signals when I was younger. The minute people found out I was engaged, three women who I was absolutely gaga over as a kid asked me why I had never asked them out.

if I could live over again I would have loved my father more,treated him better,spent more time with him before he died

I would have gone to university to become the type of professional that was better respected

I would have respected my money more

I would not have let what others think of me affect how I feel about myself

I would have told more people to f off!!!(the ones that deserved it that is)

would have gotten bigger boobs!Still might!

would have tried harder to make a difference

• Like 3

On a whole I'm pretty happy and lucky the way my life has turned out. I avoided a lot of the pitfalls of life in my earlier years so I wouldn't change that. But if I had a second chance I'd try to accomplish more of the goals I set for myself (keeping in better shape or finishing an art project), be more adventurous and outgoing and gain more life experience (right now I have somewhat of a lack of it!). Also I'd try to spend more time with my family.

Assuming I would live my second life in the same time period as my previous existence, first and most importantly I'd use the knowledge gained in my past life to help those around me. Warn friends, family and society about the hazards that they will face through life (diseases, disasters, etc). With the knowledge I would process, I'd basically be a superhero. The possibilities would be endless (although it could open itself up to abuse, like say betting everything on major sporting events while knowing every outcome!). Hmmmmmmm now this thread makes me feel like watching Groundhog day. I'd definitely watch that (and other Bill Murray movies) more often in my next existence!

I would never have taken "a year" off school, I would have listened to my mother when she tol me to be a lesbian lmao and I would never have moved to alberta in 2005 knowing everything I know now...but regrets and choices make us who we are not make our lives ;)

There are lots of regrets I have in my life.

For example, in first grade when it came down to Billy and myself as to who would be the Valentine King as voted by the class and I lost by one vote. I voted for Billy because I thought he would vote for me. Emily Stone looked like such a goddess as the Valentine Queen.

I would not have dropped trou and mooned my best friend on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier as the cameras happened to pan on me as I dropped trousers.

I should have kept writing to the really hot blonde English girl I met in port of Palma, Spain. She was oh so flexible.

To be fair, there are lots of things to be thankful for as well...

Such as when as a small child I put a car key into an electrical socket.

Or the time on the flight deck when loading a 500 lb bomb and we dropped it.

Lastly, getting to spend 5 glorious nights with that beautiful blonde English girl I met in port of Palma, Spain.

So take the good with the bad. Besides how can we possibly know what heaven is like if we dont experience a little hell along the way?

• Like 1

knowing what i know now, i what have to say

-not quit school

-manage my money better

-start hobbying way sooner

I would not have married my wife.

I would have told my son I love him more often.

Should have followed my heart and not my head more often!

No bullshit eh?

If I could do it over.......

I would have spent more time with my wife and kids rather than work all hours and weekends as I did. I learned that life can be shorter than one expects.

I would have gone to the Montreal Alouette training camp that I was invited to.

and at the moment, I am still trying to decide if joining CERB and this lifestyle will be something that eventually I will look back on and know that it helped me or will it be on my regret list.

That being said, I have been one of the lucky ones, no question about it.

I would not have stayed as long with my abusive ex-boyfriend.

I would have move to Toronto in late 10 like I planned first.

I would not have taken social services to start.

I would have travel a little bit (still have lots of time thought!)

I would have smile a little bit more each day.

I would have run that extra mile.