2012 Budget for hobby

man where do you people work... throwing numbers like 10k and 5k around... 200 a week lol... i can handle a hit of like 200 a month and even then with gas prices now a days i cant quite get there... any of you guys hiring? i think i need a new job... or two... or three

The trick is to own your own business - I have only had 2 jobs in my life. On my 4th business. Gives more control of capital and discretionary income.

• Like 1

For those with a budget, how are you doing? I missed a couple of weeks in January and one in March that I will make up soon. Otherwise averaging 160 to 240 a week as planned. Enjoying being back and playing with some great companions.

The trick is to own your own business - I have only had 2 jobs in my life. On my 4th business. Gives more control of capital and discretionary income.

I have a Real job that is very flexible in the hours .... Department head :) ...

Then I have a couple of small self employed things I do for my "fun" money :)

Loki318

Guest s**nflute
man where do you people work... throwing numbers like 10k and 5k around... 200 a week lol... i can handle a hit of like 200 a month and even then with gas prices now a days i cant quite get there... any of you guys hiring? i think i need a new job... or two... or three

Being a IT contractor helps.......

After re-reading through this thread, I decided to sit down and do the math on what I spent last year on hobbying...it was a shocking to say the least!!! Worked out to be around the $11,000 mark!!! I had budgeted in my head last year around the 8 to 9000 mark, but a trip for 12 days to The Netherlands killed that!!! So worth it though.

I've pretty much budgeted around the 8 to 9000 mark again this year, but I am planning a month long surfing trip to Australia in September. With legal prostitution, that'll kill it once again!!! Plus if work takes me back to The Netherlands again, there's another 2 to 3 grand I wasn't expecting to spend. Can't resist a little window shopping in Amsterdam! ;)

• Like 1

Just a thought, and this applies to me, don't know about anyone else. I have given up on the dating game (just didn't work out for me), and seeing ladies in this lifestyle is what I do instead of dating...and you know what, this isn't as expensive as having a relationship (that free sex costs a lot more in the long run), and this is far more fulfilling.

RG

It is the cost for me as well, how I calculate between being in a committed relationship and engaging my desires when I wanted to, I have chosen SP's. Plus when I have my time with an SP, there is no drama. Now I quench drama, but not when it is between you and the lass you are calling your "girl friend".

Showing up, picturing who is behind the door, what she is WEARING behind the door.....pure bliss is where I am for the next hour. Even though I want to have 2-3 "pure bliss" moments a DAY, I cannot and hate it. But figuring out a budgeting system was priority. So even having 1-2 SP's a month, I tend to have more energy, rage and desire for the SP I am spending my time with.

Due to time constraints I had to cancel my time for an SP that I have been waiting 2 MONTHS for, I will wait longer. This time hopefully she falls onto my days off instead of taking a day off. Kind of looking forward to her plans on July 8th.....wink wink

In any case, if I do cancel, I save and have the oppourtunity to experience next time a longer encounter.

I have not done the math since I started this lifestyle about 20 months ago but I know it is in the thousands. I budget by ""socking" cash away in my hidden stash a couple of times a week. I find I have learned to cut down on other expenses (food, gas, other entertainment) so I can build my stash faster.

I travel frequently and I need to restrain myself between trips so I can truly enjoy myself when on the road. Perhaps dangerous, but I am toying with the idea of getting a credit card (cash advance) to use only for hobbying.

Hopefully common sense will prevail.....but this remains to be seen :)

Guest dame*****n09*

I also apparently need to re-evaluate what I do for a living :) $10,000!

I'm new to this and not sure yet if it really suits me (though so far so good) but assuming it becomes a habit I can see spending what I used to spend on cigarettes in a year, $3000 +.

Just like for any other discretionary spending, you should have a budget you can afford and try to avoid impulse spending

I am lucky to be in a very good place financially (look up my comments on the 1%) but all I will say is that in the last 9 months I have spent enough to buy a pretty decent car ... About 60% of that in donations and the rest for entertainment, travel, gifts, etc.

I have enjoyed spending every penny ... But with my early retirement plan not that far off into the future, I will, eventually, have to start planning to spend more time reading and watching TV lol