Sign in to follow this  

www.tineye.com

I've been wanting to inquire about tineye for some time now for personal use; I'm trying to search for my own pictures

to see if anyone has stolen my pictures and perhaps using them for B&S or something along those lines.

Every time I do a search, nothing comes up. Shouldn't my pictures come up somewhere in the search results since I am

advertising in various places on the net?

I've tried uploading from my LP (or inserting a URL) respecting the file type, dimensions and file size and still no results.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Every time I do a search, nothing comes up. Shouldn't my pictures come up somewhere in the search results since I am

advertising in various places on the net?

I've tried uploading from my LP (or inserting a URL) respecting the file type, dimensions and file size and still no results.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Here's a possible explanation from tineye:

Wondering why TinEye couldn't find your image?

- "TinEye is constantly crawling the web and updating our image database regularly. If we missed your image, it is simply because we have not yet crawled the website or page where it appears. But be sure to keep checking back! We add tens of millions of new images to TinEye every month, and our index is on the grow

- TinEye looks for the specific image you uploaded, not the content of the image. TinEye does not identify people or objects in an image."

Also:

What is an imagemap?

"An imagemap is a file that you create that lists all the images on your website. In order for TinEye to crawl all your images, it's critical that you create this file to tells us were they are and give us additional information about the the images."

Here's the link with more info on how to self submit your photo's for indexing:

http://www.tineye.com/imagesubmission

Most of my pics don't show up on tineye but are all over google images, so I assume it's just a matter of time before they are indexed by tineye?

Kim

Here's a possible explanation from tineye:

"Wondering why TinEye couldn't find your image?

- TinEye is constantly crawling the web and updating our image database regularly. If we missed your image, it is simply because we have not yet crawled the website or page where it appears. But be sure to keep checking back! We add tens of millions of new images to TinEye every month, and our index is on the grow

- TinEye looks for the specific image you uploaded, not the content of the image. TinEye does not identify people or objects in an image."

Most of my pics don't show up on tineye but are all over google images, so I assume it's just a matter of time before they are indexed by tineye?

Kim

Thanks Kim. I saw that in their FAQs and understand what they're saying but what doesn't really make sense to me is that I also tried searching for pictures I used about 3-4 years ago and nothing came up for those too.

Additional comments:

I even thought about creating an account and uploading my pictures thinking they would become part of the search index and unfortunately, that doesn't work.

"Images uploaded to TinEye are not added to the search index, nor are they made accessible to other users. Copyright for all images submitted to TinEye remains with the original owner/author."

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time

Tineye has indexed 2 billion images and counting ... and although that's a heckuvalot, it's still only a tiny portion of the images that are out there on the internet.

Not to mention their crawler can of course be blocked by those who want to hide from it:

The Tineye crawler does obey robots.txt. Adding a robots.txt file to your website with an entry to disallow "TinEye" will prevent TinEye from crawling it ...

http://www.tineye.com/faq#robots