Lights On or Off?

So I recently had a debate with a lady friend of mine....not sure how the topic came up but she stated that whenever having sex with someone the lights MUST be off. States that she finds naked men, all naked men, despite if she's actually attracted to them or not, gross. This baffles me....1) How can you be physically attracted to someone and yet find the sight of them naked gross? 2) Doesn't having sex with the lights off take away all the fun (or at least a big part of the fun) out of having sex? I'm the kind of person who needs to see what's going on.....even if it's a little light coming in from another room or something....I still like to SEE the person I'm fooling around with.

So am I crazy or is my friend just a total prude lol. Or is this whole preference for no visual reference whatsoever more prominent than I am aware of? She seemed to think this was normal sexual behavior and that wanting the lights on was totally weird. I didn't put down her preference because obviously criticizing someone else's sexual preference a little hypocritical........but I'm just a little baffled by the whole lights off thing.....I hardly see the point if I can't see anything. I may as well be having sex with anyone.

I should point out that this is a platonic friend of mine. We were just having a discussion about it lol. And judging from that discussion I think we'll stay that way :p

So everyone....lights on or off?

I am with Areez. I like light and like a mood set by muted light. Nothing worse than turning this way or that to find bright lights glaring. Lighting for me can be one of those things that helps set an atmosphere in the same way as the right music and the right perfume and the right circumstances do.

Attraction is both mental and physical and to be denied ones vision for me would be a sin.

The ONLY exception is blindfolds. :)

Dim light is best, men are very visual personalities, and I enjoy watching every movement of a woman's body, every facial expression, and I always hope they feel the same...

I love either the dim lighting or candles....to me there's something weird about total daylight...i find it's more intimate with lights dimmed...you still pretty much see everything and it definitely adds to the mood setting

Soft lighting works for me, using all ones senses during an encounter including that of admiring a ladies body is arousing. I suppose if you are presented with the situation from the initial post one would have to persuade the other partner to compromise. Concentrate on her needs and giving her good sex and maybe she'll go with a single candle or night light to start.

I'm with the majority so far - lights on, dimmed, candle-lit, etc.

However, I like morning sex and there's nothing better than doing it in a warm bright sunlit room... especially if the sunlight is streaming in through white sheers being ruffled by a breeze.

I am speaking from my experiences,that most men prefer all the lights on.I have visited a "few" hotel rooms,lol,and each time if there are 4,6,8,lights, they are all on,I always found this amusing.When working I prefer dim lights,it's more erotic,imo,sort of a veil of mystery.With all the lights on ,it feels to much like an examination.

• Like 1

Definitely lights on! I prefer lava lamps and warm lighting with a red/orange glow. I also have a mirror next to the bed. Doggie style means otherwise I'm staring at the wall.. I like to watch what's happening.

The nice thing about lava lamps over candles is you don't have to worry about flames other than the ones burning between the two of you :bddog::makeout:

Lots and lots of candles everywhere

Dim light

A friend of mine and her husband (at the time) had a hotel/hot tub date on a regular basis. Lots of candles and romance......until the time her hair caught fire.

Lol.......I always recall this when I hear of candles.

A friend of mine and her husband (at the time) had a hotel/hot tub date on a regular basis. Lots of candles and romance......until the time her hair caught fire.

Lol.......I always recall this when I hear of candles.

Lol.. Yikes!!

Candles everywhere! Than you can go wax play after a while:D

*hope that someone join me on this...I don't want to be the only kinky person that say that*

but yeah dim light is the best.

Crude light=I feel awkward about my body

No light= I am blind as a bat without my glasses and I am more likely to hit someone in the face.

• Like 1

I guess like the majority I like soft lights. I'm too self concsious to really enjoy bright, harsh lights. When fooling around during the day I prefer letting only the natural light come in from outside. When fooling around at night, like Carrie Moon, I have a lava lamp in my bedroom that works splendidly.....assuming that the fooling around is happening in the bedroom anyway ;). If we're anywhere else in my apt then light coming in from a different room would be sufficient.

But no lights at all? Pitch black? What's the fun in that?

Posted via Mobile Device