Unused membership

Guest Ni**t*****t

I often run into photos and profiles from members that have not been on this site for a long time, sometimes two years or more.

Should we not have a policy where one's information and photos are deleted after being inactive for a certain period of time? let's set one year... if you did not log in for one year, your information is deleted. Makes sense?

I often run into photos and profiles from members that have not been on this site for a long time, sometimes two years or more.

Should we not have a policy where one's information and photos are deleted after being inactive for a certain period of time? let's set one year... if you did not log in for one year, your information is deleted. Makes sense?

A number of ladies do vacate for a year or two then come back. Plus there is the whole policing of it that is time consuming.

• Like 2

Seems like a good idea, but I suspect there is a lot more to it than meets the eye. I'm sure there are issues surrounding safety to be considered. For example, a hobbyist who is abusive could come back under a new name after a year away. Keeping the history can help with that.

I suspect that mod has already considered all the pros and cons of this.

Guest W***ledi*Time

Mod has previously posted this on the subject:

The problem with purging members is some people do take a year (or more) off the hobby (personal relationships, financial issues, etc...) and when they get back in the swing of it they log back in. I would love to purge old accounts but people log in 2+ years after the originally created the account. Why make them re-register and possibly loose the ALIAS that they were previously known by. I prefer to leave it and I think what we will do is purge them after say 4 or 5 years without a log-in.