What's the best prank you've ever played?

Every year around this time I tell my mom something super shocking, like I'm pregnant with triplets or I'm tattooing a third eye on my forehead or I got a job counting ammunition in the Democratic republic of Congo, and she never catches on.

What about you?

xoxoxoxo AM

• Like 1

The best prank I ever pulled was years back in BC. Me and my partner in crime mixed up a big bucketful of fake blood, and mixed in some mashed frresh chicken liver to get that blood smell. Then we smeared and dumped it all over ourselves, left the front door open, disconnected the phone and waited for her boyfriend to show up. He freaked. It was mean, but funny as hell. I haven't really done one since. I'm a go-big-or-go-home species of prankster.

Posted via Mobile Device

What's the best prank you've ever played? ...

What about you?

I once reprogrammed the phone system where I was working at the time to deliver the number of the White House switch board and "Office of President Bush" as the caller Id (outgoing ANI spill for the techies), (back when Bush was in office) and had a female co worker call my wife and say:

"I have the President wishing to speak with Backrubman (ok so she used my real name I can't use here), is he available to speak with the President at this time?"

"No he is at the office, but I can give you his number there"

"That's okay ma'am, we have already it, Thank you, I'll try to reach him there, have a nice day".

A short while later my wife calls me at the office and asks excitedly "Why is President Bush calling you?".

"Oh, he calls all the time for advice, it's really stating to get annoying actually".

Long silent pause...(she is thinking hard but the caller id really has her fooled)

"April Fools honey!" :)

Additional comments (sparked by PMs):

- Yes, it is a very true story (I take oath and so swear it), you really can do this if you have the right equipment.

- Never did like George Bush (funny but I thought the guy with the most votes should have won) but he was the current President of the United States of America at the time and if the Prime Minister's office called, not only was she even less likely to know who he is but even if she did she wouldn't think he was very important :)

Edited by backrubman
  • Like 1

One year, when i was broke, I convinced my sister that it was because I had a shopping addiction to socks and owned over 600 pairs. I kept saying, 'I'm terrified of wearing the same socks twice, someone might notice.'

It was pretty sweet.

I'm all about the classics.. switching out sugar and salt. I'm just not that creative in this area... I like to save creativity for the bedroom... or kitchen.

DoM

Several years back I told my Dad I was gay and had a boyfriend....... had to tell him quite quickly that it was an April fools prank as he was starting to yell and point to the door and so on ......

Friends arriving back from vacation on an April 1 found a For Sale sign on the front lawn of their house.

They were not amused......I was though :)

Peace

MG

My best one was not an April Fools situation but one that has potential for CERB members. My brother and I have pranked back and forth over the years and he did a moderately good one on me and needed major payback (after all, I'm the elder....).

Just after Christmas I placed a 2 week ad in the local paper in the classified ads section, something to the effect:

WANTED TO BUY - USED CHRISTMAS TREES FOR UNIVERSITY BOTANICAL RESEARCH PROJECT, $20 CASH, WILL PICK UP, PH (BROTHERS PHONE NO.) ANYTIME

His phone rang and rang and rang. Suffice it to say I got even and then some......

Mind you he ramped up the game and we still play it to this day, ground rules are "no harm"

Edited by Gentleman11

My favourites usually prey on the not so computer savvy. Such as switching the "n" and "m" keys on the keyboard of a non-touch typist. Or adding various things to Words auto correct options like replacing "." with", dude.".

• Like 1