What do you think is the best way of dertermining what an sp should charge?Do we charge what others do,follow the leader,so to speak,or do we charge simply what we feel we are worth,or take into account past fees,inflation,economics,or all of the above?

Christy, taken directly form the rules & FAQ section of cerb:

Discussions here are not to be based on prices. The ladies have the right to choose the price they wish to charge and they have the right to post their rates publicly if they wish to.

Ladies rates should not be up for public debate/discussion. IMO

Determining what rate structure works for you, is part of being self-employed and should be a personal decision.

Kim

• Like 2

Definitely you should do some market research to see what the range of rates is in your area.

Another thing to consider is how much you need to make to achieve your goals.

Then you need to look at how many appointments per week you would find reasonable to do, and which you can reasonably expect to get.

Between these three factors, you will be able to determine the right rate for you, and also set a reasonable budget that will help you avoid problems.

Best of luck!

• Like 2

Guest W***ledi*Time
What do you think is the best way of dertermining what an sp should charge?Do we charge what others do,follow the leader,so to speak,or do we charge simply what we feel we are worth,or take into account past fees,inflation,economics,or all of the above?

I think that the short answer to finding an appropriate personal rate level is via the market-feedback loop.

Sure, there's any number of factors that ultimately affect the prices you'll want to charge or will be able to charge, and it's fun to debate the various components and theoretical considerations ... your costs, your looks, your sexual/interpersonal skillset in all it nuances, your ability to craft an enticing marketing image, your wardrobe, the economic strength of the local economy, the number of providers vs number of potential clients in the local market, what other ladies in the area charge, blah blah blah ...

But, all that aside. Simple practical considerations:

Your pricing level would ideally be tied into your marketing strategy. If you are targeting the "high end client" (for example), then market yourself that way - and higher pricing will be part of that strategy.

You already know the least you're willing to charge for your time and services - that's entirely based on your own personal considerations. Keeping this in mind ...

Enter the market-feedback loop:

1) Set an initial price, perhaps based on what "comparable" ladies in your market seem to be charging for "comparable" services, or on any other consideration you choose.

2a) Do you get serious inquiries from
fewer
suitable clients than you were looking for? Then
lower
your price - but
never
lower than the least you're comfortable and happy with!

2b) Do you get
more
serious requests from suitable clients than you were looking for? Then
increase
your price! (Keep in mind that when you're a provider new-to-the-market, you'll tend to get a higher number of inquiries in the short term; this will be balanced somewhat in the longer term by the business from repeat or regular clients.)

3) Repeat this price-adjustment feedback-loop as required.

If you prefer longer appointments, then of course one strategy to consider is to reduce your rate for additional hours; many ladies do this. The same applies to particular services; if there is a particular type of service that you prefer, then consider providing a lower price to attract more clients to the service that you yourself prefer to provide. But also it is appropriate to charge more for services that require greater preparation, either in time or planning effort (greek, fantasy role-playing, etc etc.).

In the end the person that has to be satisfied with your pricing is you!

It's always good to take a look around the area and get a feel for what others fees are.

Take into consideration what you offer and look at what you feel you are worth.

We all have different services, so it's a bit like comparing apples to oranges, but depending on the services that you offer, and how much in demand those services are, you should be able to work out your fees.

If you offer something that no one else does, and it's something often requested, then you can factor that into the equation.

Just remember though, most prospective are just looking at the $ figure and not the service provided, a lot have asked me to reduce fees, and I won't as it brings everyone in the area grief.

I know the last thing anyone wants is someone 'undercutting' every other sp's fees just to get clients.

That was one of my reasons for leaving NB, too much of that drama going on with what I call the 'revolving door' girls. Seeing as many clients in a day as possible and undercutting everyone's fees to get them there, some of my clients were disgusted with the services and conditions these girls were offering, eeeewww.

Take stock in what you provide and what it costs you to provide it, then you will find your fee structure. It costs money to make money, I consider everything from rent to laundry to photos and refreshments.

I've erased the thread since I am not sure if discussing the method of determining fees is the same as discussing "price".I sort of thought it was different ,but am bowing out of the thread as I don't want to offend anyone or break any rules,I seem to do that,unintentionally,enough!

What you were asking was for a way to determine fees.... A little different from discussing fees, no one replied with anything on fees, so I think your safe here.

Nothing wrong with making an inquiry on how to do something.

I've erased the thread since I am not sure if discussing the method of determining fees is the same as discussing "price".I sort of thought it was different ,but am bowing out of the thread as I don't want to offend anyone or break any rules,I seem to do that,unintentionally,enough!
  • Like 2

Guest W***ledi*Time

I think the idea of the rule is that we're not to discuss the rates that individual, specific providers charge - only the individual provider is allowed to mention their own prices. And no one is allowed to comment that an individual's rate is too high, or stuff like that.

I think that polite discussion about rates in general is okay, just as long as it's kept within reasonable bounds. There can't be comments that are directed at pressuring providers to lower rates, etc.

When I first started, I went with the average. I realized that too low was attracting people that I did not want to spend time with and too high meant that I was missing out on meeting some really great people.

I then sat down and decided how many people I wanted to see a week, what hours I wanted to be available and how much I needed to keep up my lifestyle. That is how I determined my rates :)

• Like 3

Well if this is dicussed in a general sense and not directed at specific SP or agency I think talking about this should be ok.

I determined my rates by many factors at first I thought I would charge what I was getting from the agencies I use to work at then self doubt kicked in and I wondered if I was charging to low probably becasue of chatter or other boards. but then I took a step and focused on what I wanted to accomplish from being a SP and what I could handle for a realstic work week for myself, then I determined my new set of rates and I do my best to ignore the negative chatter.