Some things I believed were truly inviolate.

But much to my dismay, I guess change is inevitable, and even those old count on stand bys are being modernized and brought to new 'standards.'

Yes, I am talking about Kraft Dinner. My favorite comfort food. In the store today what did I see but Kraft Dinner made from whole wheat and then beside it Kraft Dinner made with dried brocolli.

I can hear you now - "Come on MN2, get healthy."

I like my old KD so now I shall just check carefully when I pick it up off of the shelf!

You would almost certainly notice a difference with the whole wheat version, but if you did not know about the "Broc" it might slip past you, but Original is always there for comfort.

I remember going thru the same thought process when I saw the KD changes! Being adventurous, I've tried them all and like them but I still have an original tucked away in case of emergencies...

cat

I'm shuttering with disgust and revulsion. I thought it was bad enough when they made it microwaveable and started messing with the noodle shapes!!

• Like 2

See, if it can with cut up pieces of hot dogs that would make total sense. Brocolli though, BLECH!!!! So gross, absolutely hate brocolli!!!!

See, if it can with cut up pieces of hot dogs that would make total sense. Brocolli though, BLECH!!!! So gross, absolutely hate brocolli!!!!

I'm with you ... Cut up hot dog wieners stirred through at the end. Any thing else is basphemous.

• Like 1

And the "new" flavors boxes are smaller and priced higher I think. Those Bastards :)hmm

Maybe I should buy some Kraft share!

Peace

MG

Posted via Mobile Device

KD is well blah on its own, Kick it up a notch with a can of your favourite chili. Now there is a match made in heaven.

P.S. Dont eat before seeing your favourite provider ;-)

KD with a big old blob of Cheez Whiz melted in there is a most excellent meal in itself :D Dont ruin it with this whole wheat stuff Kraft !!!!!

• Like 1

The only thing you add to KD is bacon and more cheese and butter

Mmmmmm .... This will require some thought! On the one hand, bacon is good with everything. On the other hand, bacon mixed into KD is a pretty radical departure from orthodoxy!

I like my KD this way

kraft+Dinner.jpg

• Like 1

This might be considered blasphemy but I always preferred the white cheddar variant of KD. I definitely agree the only thing you can add to KD is bacon, more cheese and butter :)

This might be considered blasphemy but I always preferred the white cheddar variant of KD. I definitely agree the only thing you can add to KD is bacon, more cheese and butter :)

GASP .... How can you eat it if it's not nuclear orange!!!!!!!!

O.k., o.k. ... I've been giving this a lot of thought, and I think I can accept heterodoxy with respect to KD. I can accept white cheddar rather than nuclear orange. I can accept adding bacon rather than hot dogs, I can even accept (just barely) swirly noodles.

BUT: getting back to Mrnice's original post: BROCOLLI is unacceptable. Someone needs to be held to account for this!!! Their head on a spike would be too good for them!!

Edited by po***os
Making sure Mrnice gets the credit

After having (and making) home made macaroni and cheese made with 5 year old chedder (makes extra old seem like mild) you'll wonder why you ever ate kraft dinner to begin with

RG

This might be considered blasphemy but I always preferred the white cheddar variant of KD.

Yes! But the President's Choice version of white macaroni and cheese is much, much better. YUM!

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time
Some things I believed were truly inviolate.

But much to my dismay, I guess change is inevitable, and even those old count on stand bys are being modernized and brought to new 'standards.' ...

One of the more traumatic years in my life was 1985. Both Cap'n Crunch Cereal and Animal Crackers were reformulated within weeks of each other. Apocalypse Now.

And I can't even bear to think about the long lost and lamented real Girl Guide Cookies ...

One of the more traumatic years in my life was 1985. Both Cap'n Crunch Cereal and Animal Crackers were reformulated within weeks of each other. Apocalypse Now.

And I can't even bear to think about the long lost and lamented real Girl Guide Cookies ...

What the hell are those mint things the Girl Guides sell now. If I wanted something that tasted like an After Eight, I'd buy a box of After Eights!!

Roamingguy ... Totally agree about real Mac and cheese. We make one that includes several different cheeses (including extra old cheddar), salsa, and bacon. It is divine. KD is a completely different thing, and belongs in it's own food group.

This is what happened WIT

80452929.jpg

RG :-)

Oh my god! Thanks guys now I have to go buy bacon, cheese whiz and KD.

Posted via Mobile Device

Rather than cheese whiz grate real cheddar into your KD along with the milk and butter (lots of butter)

• Like 1