When the going gets tough...

I notice that there are many comments but no actual replies to the post. Anyway I will take a stab at it as it raises a number of issues.

One is I just want to sympathize with you over the illness you are dealing with. I too have spent a lot of time in hospitals caring for a loved one. It can be very demanding and stressful. I sincerely hope that things are working out in regards this problem.

I think you are no different when it comes to the job. Sometimes it can be a relief to keep busy when you are dealing with difficulties like this. Although different, I seriously thought of reentering the work force after my wife died simply as a way of keeping busy and having an outlet to socialize. I am sure that as a professional you would not let your service suffer.

Through the years I occasional make dear friends through my time spent with women in this community. I think many men can't be approachable at times like this, but I for one make it clear to those few that I can be contacted and am quite amenable to giving help, no strings in case it's needed. There's a woman I've known for many years who found a lump in one of her breasts, and when I offered help she told me that one of her clients was already taking her to her chemo appointments. This probably was a little more serious than what you're trying to illustrate, but there are a few guys that I'm sure you could rely on to keep you working and groceries on the table, it's just a matter of letting them know.

I think personally it's a testament to the type of person you are and the type of people you attract. Beautiful personalities attract more of the same.

Shit happens, I hope you are able to come through this and get back to enjoying life.

A coworker's wife last summer was t-boned and no one knew if she would walk again. However, thanks to the love and care of her family she was able to go home and spend christmas with her family (despite the lawyer's insistence that they would get a bigger payout) and now she walks with a cane. she won't be able to walk without it but she can walk in no small part to her support base.

your friend or family member is lucky to have you by their side. Life always comes first